Kris Humphries: Is he a keeper?

+3
bobheckler
gyso
k_j_88
7 posters

Go down

Dump the Hump?

Kris Humphries: Is he a keeper? Vote_lcap7%Kris Humphries: Is he a keeper? Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
Kris Humphries: Is he a keeper? Vote_lcap7%Kris Humphries: Is he a keeper? Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
Kris Humphries: Is he a keeper? Vote_lcap86%Kris Humphries: Is he a keeper? Vote_rcap 86% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 14

Kris Humphries: Is he a keeper? Empty Kris Humphries: Is he a keeper?

Post by k_j_88 Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:46 pm

Should he be traded or kept?

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Kris Humphries: Is he a keeper? Empty Re: Kris Humphries: Is he a keeper?

Post by gyso Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:58 am

IMO, he is a good player to have come off the bench. I don't see him making anywhere near the kind of money per year that he is getting now, no matter who signs him.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:37 am

Can I vote for all 3?

If we can get a player we want with his expiring contract, then hell yeah, make the trade Danny.

You can't have too many high quality players.

I like his game, I like his effort, I like his professionalism. I'm happy having him on the Celtics.

HOWEVER, if he thinks he's holding out for anything near $12M, then Dump the Hump. Nobody, N-O-B-O-D-Y, will pay him that again.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:00 pm

I am not sure Hump will want to stay through another rebuilding process.  He could easily get a mid level exception contract (3 to 4 M per) and go play for a contender next season.

But, if he likes it here and is willing to play for a reasonable amount,  I am all for it. Like his desire, like his effort, like his calming presence, like his elbow jumper.  He makes a nice Celtic and I could see him here for a while, but unfortunately I dont think he will be for reasons mentioned above.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:11 pm

Mr. Sneaky Consistent turns out to be in what I'd call the "Celtic mold" (as distinct from "mould").  I'd liken his role to those of a Don Nelson or a Paul Silas.  There was certainly room for those two guys on championships squads, and they exuded the same kinds of consistency and focused impact as Mr. Sneaky is doing.

He's certainly not what I'd call a real building block, but he could spend a couple of years as the complement to building blocks.  Guys like them tend to have more shelf life because there's little danger of their losing speed and agility they never had, and shooting is the last thing to go.

What has changed in Humphries' case is that, when he arrived, I looked at his value as solely contract-related.  Now he's a triple threat: contract, value as a Celtics role player, attractiveness to other teams as a solid sign-and-trade possibility.

Sam

Last edited by sam on Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:08 pm

K_J_88

Kris Humphries is the perfect Celtic. He reflects all of the qualities that long time Celtics fans cherish and respect.

While we may have joked about getting him in the trade with the Nets...there is no doubt that he is not great at any particular skill but is a great part of what makes a team great. The guy never complained when he was relegated to the bench early in the season and when he was given a chance (KO got hurt) he has delivered and is really looking more comfortable every game.

His $12 million expiring contract will probably reflect his last big payday as a player but if the Celtics can manage to commit $5- $6 million to him I really think he is a keeper. At the very least any team out there that is competing for a ring this year and is in need of an above average player, Kris may be their guy.

We still need a legit 5 and that will come through the draft over the next 5 years but I doubt DA or the Celtics can afford to wait that long. That is certainly one good reason to make a trade for a center like Asik and do it if you can use a guy like Chris.

So that is the paradox. He is everything that we want in a Celtic yet we will either lose him at the end of the year to free agency or trade him next month to a contender. DA wants to reduce payroll now and his contract represents a windfall.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:26 pm

Dboss, if one views this team as a new singing group called Sully, Jeffie, Avery, Da Doo Rondo, and the Trading Chips, I bet no one could name a better trading chip than Kris Humphries.

Sam

Last edited by sam on Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:28 pm

sam wrote:Dboss, if one views this team as a new singing group called Sully, Jeffie, Avery and the Trading Chips, I bet no one can name a better trading chip than Kris Humphries.

Sam

Rondo.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:29 pm

Bob, sorry but I beat you to the edit.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:13 pm

I don't really have much to add to this discussion. He's a nice role player to have on this team. If Ainge sees the Celts competing in a couple of years, keeping Humphries (or Bass) would make sense. Otherwise, he's potentially a very nice piece to get future value for this team.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:42 pm

I've been impressed with Humphries on multiple levels. He's a true professional, he's always ready to step in and produce, and he's remained level-headed during the trials and tribulations of this season.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:03 pm

Hey Kyle, great to hear from you. I hope life's treating you well. You know you're always welcome here. Happy 2014.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down