The Vitor Yoyo Strikes Again

5 posters

Go down

The Vitor Yoyo Strikes Again Empty The Vitor Yoyo Strikes Again

Post by Sam Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:59 pm

According to Hoops Hype, Vitor Faverani has again been assigned to the Red Claws. They don't say whether or not it's just a short-term situation.

Sam

The Boston Celtics announced today that they have assigned center Vitor Faverani to their NBA Development League affiliate, the Maine Red Claws. Faverani, a 6’11” center, has appeared in three games for the Red Claws this season and has averaged 16.3 points, 12.0 rebounds, 3.7 assists and 1.33 blocks in 31.3 minutes per game. In 37 games for the Celtics this season Faverani has recorded 4.4 points, 3.5 rebounds and 0.7 blocks in 13.2 minutes per game. NBA.com - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.RHt7bcKM.dpuf
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

The Vitor Yoyo Strikes Again Empty Re: The Vitor Yoyo Strikes Again

Post by 112288 Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:05 pm

THREE THINGS

1) He needs real playing time work;
2) Evaluation and measuring his talent to see if there has been further development;
3) Window dressing if he does well to include him in a trade package.

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:36 pm

He needs a bigman coach, I would hate to see him get it on another team ala Miles Plumlee. Lets see what he can do, he might have the body, he has some skills, he is just so un-physical, doesn't know how to use his body, positioning, etc.

Avery Bradley looked kind of clueless even last year.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:57 pm

Why do I get the feeling that Vitor is going to go the way of Fab Melo?

With enough work, he could be utilized into the form of a serviceable backup, but if a guy like Olynyk, who lacks the physical skills, is getting significantly more minutes, it really does not bode well for Vitor's future in Boston.

It's disappointing, really. Early on in the season, Vitor appeared to be a very nice addition going forward, but inconsistent minutes and his lack of ability to produce has dropped his stock quite a bit. I feel bad for him not getting to play, but that's the nature of the business sometimes.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:29 am

According to a RotoWorld, a site that has injury updates and other information for fantasy basketball, Vitor injured his knee playing in the D-League Tuesday, and he said it's difficult just to move his knee.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:51 am

I hope he recovers quickly. Unless they sent him down for another tuneup, his absence leaves the team without even the semblance of a center. (I don't consider Joel Anthony to be a semblance of a center.) I'm hoping Danny's preparing to fill that hole big-time. If he could really do it, I believe this team could expedite its development process—not exponentially but considerably.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down