4 posters

Go down

Hump To Get MRI On Knee Empty Hump To Get MRI On Knee

Post by bobheckler Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:18 am

Humphries (knee) set for MRI
April, 8, 2014
APR 8 1:30 PM ET
By Chris Forsberg | ESPNBoston.com

Boston Celtics forward/center Kris Humphries will undergo an MRI on an ailing right knee on Wednesday and will not accompany the team on its trip to play the Atlanta Hawks.

Humphries sat out Saturday's loss in Detroit with what the team termed a strained right patella tendon. He's battled knee issues at times this season and the current issue has lingered. Celtics coach Brad Stevens said it was too early to know if the injury will force the team to shut down Humphries for the remainder of the season.

"If he’s able to play, he’s going to play," said Stevens. "That’s just kinda the way we’ve approached it all year. We want to be cautious if he’s got an issue and clearly he’s not feeling good right now. Hopefully the MRI reveals that it’s nothing and he can play at least a couple more games throughout the rest of the season."

The Celtics have five games remaining including Wednesday's tilt with the Hawks.

Stevens is expecting to have starters Avery Bradley and Jared Sullinger available on Wednesday. Bradley has missed the last three games due to a strained right Achilles, while Sullinger bruised his left thigh on Saturday in Detroit.

Bradley practiced the past two days, while Sullinger took Monday off and returned to practice on Tuesday. Stevens said both "should be in good shape to go."

Sullinger said he got kneed trying to defend a Greg Monroe layup attempt in the second half of Saturday's loss, but consecutive days off left him feeling better before Tuesday's practice.

"[The thigh was] tight, real sore, so I took a couple days off," said Sullinger. " I’m doing better. ... Just trying to get ready for [Wednesday's] game."

Asked if he gave any thought to taking additional time off, Sullinger said: "No, one, it’s my second year, and, two, I want to finish the season out strong. There’s never been a quitter inside me. I want to finish this season out."

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Hump To Get MRI On Knee Empty Re: Hump To Get MRI On Knee

Post by Outside Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:24 am

Too bad about Humphries. He's shown his mettle this season. I'm sure, like Sullinger, he wants to finish the season out.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:03 pm

Update, 4/10/14:

Humphries' MRI OK

Kris Humphries did not visit Atlanta with his teammates, staying behind in Boston to undergo an MRI on his right knee.

According to CSNNE's A. Sherrod Blakely, the MRI showed "some bruising and tendonitis, but his meniscus was in good shape."

Humphries also missed Boston's previous game with right knee patellar tendinitis. It's currently unclear whether he will play Friday against Charlotte.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:50 pm

Good deal.  I really like Humph; but, even if I didn't, I'd be happy for him.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:02 pm

Good to hear it's nothing serious. Too many knee injuries these days.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down