Stevens Will NOT Shut Down Injured Players

2 posters

Go down

Stevens Will NOT Shut Down Injured Players Empty Stevens Will NOT Shut Down Injured Players

Post by bobheckler Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:25 am

http://www.celticsblog.com/2014/4/8/5594670/despite-record-stevens-will-not-shut-down-injured-players

Avery Bradley has a strained Achillies.  Jared Sullinger has a deep thigh bruise.  Kris Humphries has a strained right patella tendon.

Given the fact that the Celtics are eliminated from the playoffs, it is logical to ask if Stevens would consider simply shutting down these guys and letting the rest of the squad play out the season.

Nope.  It sounds like Bradley and Sullinger are looking to play on Wednesday.  Humphries is going to be out for at least the next two games but if he can go, he'll go.

"If he’s able to play, he’s going to play," said Stevens. "That’s just kinda the way we’ve approached it all year. We want to be cautious if he’s got an issue and clearly he’s not feeling good right now. Hopefully the MRI reveals that it’s nothing and he can play at least a couple more games throughout the rest of the season."

"There is no talk of shutting anyone down," Stevens said adamantly. "None. Zero. The only way somebody would be shut down is if they physically can’t participate."

"It's really important to do your best and go after it every single day," Stevens said. "This is a real challenge. I talked about it the other day, you find out a lot about people with five games left in a season when you're on an eight-game losing streak."

bob
MY NOTE: I'm conflicted on this. On one hand, this is a legitimate opportunity to look at other players, which has been an accepted goal for this season. It also increases the risk of further, perhaps more significant injuries to the players that play hurt and that's a legitimate reason to rest them. On the other hand, you play for Pride and you play to win. Always.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Stevens Will NOT Shut Down Injured Players Empty Re: Stevens Will NOT Shut Down Injured Players

Post by Sam Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:34 am

I had posted that I hoped Avery Bradley wouldn't his exacerbate his injury by returning tonight.  But one quote by Brad was so much in my sweet spot that I guess I'll have to defer to Brad.  I love this quote, which I wish could be hung on the wall of every Celtics fan.

"It's really important to do your best and go after it every single day."

Thanks, Brad

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down