ANNOUNCING THE WINNERS FROM THE HOLIDAY CHEER FUNDRAISING DRAWING

+3
swedeinestonia
jeb
Sam
7 posters

Go down

ANNOUNCING THE WINNERS FROM THE HOLIDAY CHEER FUNDRAISING DRAWING Empty ANNOUNCING THE WINNERS FROM THE HOLIDAY CHEER FUNDRAISING DRAWING

Post by Sam Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:48 pm

We are pleased to announce that our recent holiday fundraising drive resulted in total contributions of $1,080. We are forwarding $220 to the Celtics for their Shamrock Foundation (which provides healthcare, shelter and for children in need) and $860 to The Jimmy Fund (which will go to the Dana Farber Institute to fight cancer in both children and adults). Many, many thanks to those who participated.

A more tangible indication of our gratitude is the drawing just held among those members of Sam's Celtics Forum who contributed. Four
prizes have been awarded (having been donated either by board members or the Celtics), and here are the winners:

• A regulation NBA basketball signed by Cedric "Cornbread" Maxwell, won by RosalieTCeltics

• A copy of Bill Russell's book, "Red and Me," won bySwedeinestonia

• A copy of Jackie MacMullan's book, "When the League Was Ours," won by Jeb

• An autographed picture of Ray Allen, won by Beat

I have the mailing information for all except Swedeinestonia. Swede, if you'd send your mailing address to me by private message or email SlipSamCelt@aol.com), I'd appreciate it. Please allow a couple of weeks for the prizes to reach you.

Nice going to the four of you and to all who supported this very worthy endeavor. And it would be impossible to convey sufficient gratitude to the administrators and other board members who supported this initiative in so many tangible ways.

Best regards, and Happy New Year to all,

Sam

Last edited by Sam on Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

ANNOUNCING THE WINNERS FROM THE HOLIDAY CHEER FUNDRAISING DRAWING Empty Re: ANNOUNCING THE WINNERS FROM THE HOLIDAY CHEER FUNDRAISING DRAWING

Post by jeb Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:10 pm

Wow.

Thanks. Larry and Mag marked me forever as a hoop fan. What a special time.

WHose Ideal was it to do that? We should try to keep that kind of stuff up. And salute to whoever thought of it.

jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

ANNOUNCING THE WINNERS FROM THE HOLIDAY CHEER FUNDRAISING DRAWING Empty Re: ANNOUNCING THE WINNERS FROM THE HOLIDAY CHEER FUNDRAISING DRAWING

Post by Sam Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:01 pm

Jeb, it was the brainstorm of 112288. The guy has good ideas and a great heart. He worked like a dog (behind the scenes) to make it a success. And he's not through yet.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:15 pm

Wow awesome!

I looked at that book last time I was in the states Very Happy

Would you be willing to hold on to it for me until the next time I travel to the states?

Shipping to europe would probably be a killer otherwise.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:19 pm

Swede,

I'd be happy to meet you in Paris with a copy, but that's as far as I'd go. We'll hold it for you. Just let us know.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:20 pm

Way to get outside yourself and see the ties that bind us all. We are all connected.

Lets keep it up. Lets do more.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:32 pm

Thanks Jeb!

IT IS A WONDERFUL LIFE!

If all of us were not connected as we are due to Sam (George Baily) we would never know the wonders of what our donations large or small will do for sick children.

Remember "WE ARE NEVER SO TALL AS TO STOOP TO HOLD A HAND OF A CHILD IN NEED".

Peace 112288

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:42 pm

Hey Sam

If it's not too late send it to Marcus not me (same address obvious)

I won't tell him its comming, he'll get a big surprise out of it!!

Thanks,

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:31 pm

This is so funny. Cedric Maxwell was my favorite player from that era other than Dennis Johnson. I managed to finagle tickets to his number retirement a few years back. I think my son sat on the computer for hours trying to get me two tickets. I used to get such a kick out of him and I loved his game.

Thanks Sam and your troupe for the hard work you did in this endeavor. God bless you all. I am proud to belong to such a wonderful site where there are so many people who care about each other.

To those who won the books, I loved Russell's book, I bought it before it came out, so when it was released I had one of the first copies. My husband bought me Jackie's book for Christmas and I am reading it now.

Thanks again, and a Happy, Healthy New Year to all my Celtic junkies!!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:41 pm

Rosalie,

Looks like the right person won it! Congratulations!

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:36 pm

Thanks again to all involved. I'm hoping to visit the Dana Farber Foundation for a little tour in the near-future. It will be absolutely thrilling to look into the eyes of patients and know that I'm associated with a group of people who care so much about them.

The only way initiatives such as this can keep occurring is for us to be able to convince potential prize donors that we can ensure a high rate of participation. Although substantial contributions are certainly very much appreciated, the most important thing is the percentage of members who participate (regardless of amount). The response rate to the next one will probably set the tone for future possibilities.

And there WILL be a next one, following a hiatus—involving an amazing grand prize, which is already confirmed. Stay tuned.

And, in the meantime, GO CELTICS!

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down