Bayless Loves Boston and Love Hearts Bayless

4 posters

Go down

Bayless Loves Boston and Love Hearts Bayless Empty Bayless Loves Boston and Love Hearts Bayless

Post by bobheckler Tue May 20, 2014 11:09 am

Snippets from Bayless' blog and from an article from 2011 in which Kevin Love mentions Jerryd Bayless. Kudos to wjsy on Celticsblog for finding the Love article. Nice research work, guy.

http://www.jerrydbayless.com/2014/05/19/future/

INTO THE FUTURE

May 19, 2014/5 Comments/in Blog /by Jerryd Bayless

Looking back, the 2013-14 season was an up and down year, but that’s usually how it goes over the course of a long season. You’re always going to have times that are great, and times that are not so great.

The trade definitely put a wrench into the season, but I think it all worked out for the best. I wound up in a good situation and overall, it was a good year. I have no complaints about it.

The outcome wasn’t what we were looking for in Boston, but I think a season like this can be used as a motivator for guys. Anything you can find to motivate yourself is worth it. I’m definitely using it for fuel this offseason.

I really want to become more consistent as a player. I still have a lot of things left to do before all is said and done, and I’m set up well to do that. I’m still young. I’m not done growing as a player. Even though I’ve been in the league six years now, I’m only 25. I still have things I want to show and prove before my time is done.

I’d love to be able to do that in Boston. Obviously, I’m a free agent, but I’d be very happy go back there if the right opportunity presents itself. But I’ve wanted to go to other places that didn’t work out, so I understand what to expect going into this offseason.

Ultimately, I want to end up somewhere I can settle in and have some consistency. I want to give a team consistency and get the same in return from that team. That’s the biggest thing I’m looking for.

BEANTOWN’S LOYALTY

I can’t speak highly enough about Boston. It’s a great city, a place I could definitely see myself calling home. The support you get from everybody in Boston is second to none. The fans are unbelievable. We didn’t have the most successful year, but every game was still sold out. That loyalty really stuck out to me.

The franchise has a solid foundation with the ownership group that is there, with Danny Ainge making moves and Brad Stevens coaching. Brad is amazing. He’s going to be a great coach in this league for a long time.

The team is in good hands. Danny, Brad and the owners all understand that the city they’re in expects to win and they can’t have too many years like this where things didn’t go as well as they planned. With that in mind, I’m sure they’re going to go out and do what they need to do to get back on track and get the organization back where it’s supposed to be.

They do have some good young players that can help in that regard. Avery Bradley really impressed me. I didn’t know much about his game when I got there, but he is a great player.

Avery is kind of in the same situation as I am, but I know he’s restricted, so I’m sure the Celtics will try to figure something out with him. I’m sure he’s a big part of their vision for the future, and he should be. He’s a scorer and a defensive stopper. He plays both sides of the ball, and can do both really well.

Jared Sullinger is a going to be a very good player in the league, too. He uses his body well to rebound and score, and every team needs that from guys in his position. He’s a little undersized for the frontcourt, but if he continues to play the way he did this year, he’ll be in good shape.

We had a great group of guys in that locker room this year, and it was a fun place to be. Everybody got along. That’s rare in the NBA. There were a lot of younger guys in there mixed with guys who had been in the league for a while, but it all worked out. That was refreshing.

One of the main things that the team needs that we got a little bit of this year was experience. We have guys who have been through some things, but there’s only so much they can tell you about what to expect.

Having your own experience plays a big role when you move up to a higher level. It’s just about playing against better competition. That’s what you need. The more experience you get, the better off you’ll be.

http://www.hiphoopjunkies.com/2011/01/kevin-love-on-jerryd-bayless-he-has.html

Kevin Love on Jerryd Bayless "He has the ability and the chance to be a very good player in this league"

Tonight, the Toronto Raptors travel to Minnesota to face off against Kevin Love and the Minnesota Timberwolves.  Kevin Love was recently on Bill Simmons' podcast, ESPN's The BS Report earlier this week and Simmons asked Love who he thought is a guy in his generation that is going to break out, but hasn't yet.

Guess who was his first answer?

"I always felt like my guy, Jerryd Bayless who's now up in Toronto...I  felt like he has a chance to break out, cause he's the type of guy who that has the mentality that we all have...that they want to be great....they aren't going to take 'no' for an answer.  He has the ability and the chance to be a very good player in this league.

He just has a different type of demeanor to him that we...you know, our generation kind of all has. You know, he plays hard every single play. He's just not going to take 'No' for an answer ...to go out there and try and get the job done. So he's just waiting for the right opportunity and a chance to break out. I think, Jerryd's right up there with a lot of other guys in our class. He was right up there in high school, with the best players.  I think he's right there among others."

bob
MY NOTE:  Someone should forward this article to Danny so he can tell Jerryd to call Kevin and tell him to read his blog about Boston.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Bayless Loves Boston and Love Hearts Bayless Empty Re: Bayless Loves Boston and Love Hearts Bayless

Post by k_j_88 Tue May 20, 2014 11:15 am

bobheckler wrote:
Someone should forward this article to Danny so he can tell Jerryd to call Kevin and tell him to read his blog about Boston.

Nothing like a little positive reinforcement, eh?

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Bayless Loves Boston and Love Hearts Bayless Empty Re: Bayless Loves Boston and Love Hearts Bayless

Post by Sam Tue May 20, 2014 7:23 pm

Bayless would make a very good sixth man, with his ability to score in bunches and his fearlessness to take the clutch shot. And he's not the worst defensive player in the world either. If Bradley were to fly the coop, the Celts could do worse than re-sign Bayless.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Tue May 20, 2014 8:50 pm

Agreed, Sam. Definitely would like to see him grow a bit with the team. He's never really had the opportunity to just become part of a team in the NBA, 5 teams in 6 seasons.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down