Olynyk Is Not Paying Attention To The Rumors

2 posters

Go down

Olynyk Is Not Paying Attention To The Rumors Empty Olynyk Is Not Paying Attention To The Rumors

Post by bobheckler Fri May 23, 2014 12:10 pm

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/olynyk-not-paying-attention-trade-rumors

Olynyk: Not paying attention to trade rumors
May 22, 2014, 1:45 pm

Olynyk Is Not Paying Attention To The Rumors Byline-blakely-cdc

BOSTON — Inside the Celtics locker room, Kelly Olynyk's locker stall was flanked by Courtney Lee on one side and Jordan Crawford on the other.

By the time last February's trading deadline came and went, both were gone via trades.

Now, in the early stages of his first offseason in the NBA, Olynyk's name has surfaced as a potential piece on the move if the Celtics go forward with an effort to acquire Minnesota's Kevin Love.

If the Timberwolves get to a point where they are indeed willing to move Love to Boston, chances are high that they'll want at least one young big man in return.

That big man could be Olynyk.

"I never pay attention to it," Olynyk said of trade rumors. "It's not something you can control. I learned a long time ago...control what you can control and let the rest happen."

Olynyk, who has been in Boston for most of the offseason, was part of an interactive ceremony on Thursday at Northeastern's Matthews Arena as part of the Celtics' "Stay in School" program, which was presented by the Arbella Insurance Foundation.

And like many of the middle schoolers honored at Thursday, Olynyk, 23, also has a bright and promising future.

Although slowed by injuries at times in his rookie season, the 7-footer came on strong late in the season with an impressive 16.6 points and 7.3 rebounds per game in the month of April. He was named to the NBA's All-Rookie second team.

In this offseason, Olynyk has spent a considerable amount of time with the Celtics' strength and conditioning staff with the goal being to get his body, "in the best shape it can be in; get a little bit stronger, a little bit quicker and a little bit faster and more explosive."

Olynyk added, "on the court, just try to broaden your game, broaden your horizons and really just improve in every facet of the game you can."

And that goal won't change, regardless of whether his name's brought up in trade rumors.

"It's part of the business," Olynyk said. "Whatever happens, happens. You just have to come in and work hard and be ready for next season wherever you are."

bob
MY NOTE:  I highlighted the part of this I liked.  I guess we know how his exit interview went, like we didn't already.  The rest of this is, quite frankly, just blah blah.  So, Sully's slimming down and Kelly's strengthening up.  I like this.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Olynyk Is Not Paying Attention To The Rumors Empty Re: Olynyk Is Not Paying Attention To The Rumors

Post by Sam Fri May 23, 2014 5:29 pm

It all sounds good.  And I'm trying to recall the last time a player said to a reporter something like, "You know, people are saying I might be traded, and I'm wetting the bed at night and waking up crying every morning because of those meanies." I wonder how many players have the statement, "I understand it's business" on speed text.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down