Lex Nihil Novi - Russell v. Chamberlain: Game 69 (Celtics Shut Down Warriors to Claim 7th NBA Crown)

2 posters

Go down

Lex Nihil Novi - Russell v. Chamberlain: Game 69 (Celtics Shut Down Warriors to Claim 7th NBA Crown) Empty Lex Nihil Novi - Russell v. Chamberlain: Game 69 (Celtics Shut Down Warriors to Claim 7th NBA Crown)

Post by bobheckler Sat May 31, 2014 1:15 pm

April 26, 1964

Lex Nihil Novi - Russell v. Chamberlain: Game 69 (Celtics Shut Down Warriors to Claim 7th NBA Crown) 196404260BOS

bob
MY NOTE: Back the day when dinosaurs walked the earth upright like men, the NBA was able to get by with just two refs, in this case the great Richie Powers and Earl Strom called the final game of a Championship series. Now there are 3 refs, touch fouls and flopping to draw a foul are the norm and nobody has nice things to say about the refs.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Lex Nihil Novi - Russell v. Chamberlain: Game 69 (Celtics Shut Down Warriors to Claim 7th NBA Crown) Empty Re: Lex Nihil Novi - Russell v. Chamberlain: Game 69 (Celtics Shut Down Warriors to Claim 7th NBA Crown)

Post by Sam Sat May 31, 2014 3:00 pm

After laughers in the first three games (two by the Celtics, one by San Fran), this and the previous game were spine tinglers.  In both games (Mr. "No-offense" Russell stuffed the ball down the stretch to help give them the winning margin.

I own 29 CDs of the Russell Celtics period, and not one of them contains the fifth game of the 1964 championship series.  Nor can I find any video online.  What a shame!

After the 1964 season, the Celtics lost their 3rd future Hall of Famer in three years—Bob Cousy, Bill Sharman, Frank Ramsey—as well as Jim "Rafters" Loscutoff. And they kept on losing future Hall of Famers (Heinsohn, K.C. Jones, Lovellette) but winning four of five championships throughout the remainder of the 60s.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down