Rondo Leftovers: 'I Want To Win Now'

Go down

Rondo Leftovers:  'I Want To Win Now' Empty Rondo Leftovers: 'I Want To Win Now'

Post by bobheckler Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:53 pm

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4713122/rondo-leftovers-i-want-to-win-now

Rondo leftovers: 'I want to win now'
June, 2, 2014
JUN 2 5:11 PM ET
By Chris Forsberg | ESPNBoston.com

Rajon Rondo talked to reporters on Monday and, while its his comments about Kevin Love that will dominate the headlines, here's a few leftovers from his 9 ½ -minute chat:

• BOSTON YOU'RE MY HOME: Rondo noted how, in past seasons, he's often left the area after season's end. But with an early finish to the 2013-14 season and Rondo's kids still in school, he's taken the opportunity to immerse himself in the region more than ever.

"I’ve been enjoying my time in Boston. I’ve been to a Bruins game, pretty good playoff game a couple weeks back, then [Sunday] I went to a Red Sox game. I had some great seats on the monster. I've been enjoying my summer here. I'm ready for the sun to stay the same for a couple weeks."

Added Rondo: "I’m still learning [Boston]. This will probably be my first summer where I actually stay the majority part of the summer in Boston. Usually I always run back to Kentucky; I’ve had my camps in the past, which I still do, but some seasons, I’ve always been right out of here. This season is a little bit different. I want to continue to get my knee stronger; like I said, my kids are here in school -- so I have no reason to go anywhere else."

• SELF EVALUATION: Rondo said his offseason has been pretty quiet thus far and most days he simply comes to the practice facility for treatment with trainer Ed Lacere or workouts with strength and conditioning coach Bryan Doo. He'll then return at night to get up some free throws. Rondo noted how he wanted to stick around on Monday to watch 12 draft prospects -- many of them ball-handlers -- go through the team's private workout. He said he leaves the talent evaluation to Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge and his staff.

"I’m not evaluating anyone," said Rondo. "I was here working out earlier and wanted to stay and see some basketball, see some guys compete. I’m getting treatment and doing what I have to do to get better."

• CH-CH-CHANGES: Rondo previously noted a desire to rest unrestricted free agency next summer, but he was asked Monday if his preference is to remain in Boston.

"Yes. I don’t like change, really," said Rondo. "I’m pretty comfortable. I have a beautiful home here. I love it here. I have a great neighbor, the best neighbor in the world. I don’t want to leave. It’s just part of the process that I’ll talk about once the season is over. As of now, I’m a Celtic ... This is home to me, as of now."

• IN DANNY HE TRUSTS: After fending off all the Love questions, Rondo was peppered with questions on his future, including whether the Celtics needed to add talent to encourage him to stick around.

"I trust a lot in Danny," said Rondo. "He’s turned this thing around before. I have faith in him. I believe in Danny. I think we do need another big-time player. But that’s all his job. He’s working on that now and I completely have faith in him."

Added Rondo: "At the end of the day, I want to win. I want to win now. And I’m sure Danny will have the guys in here that we’ll be able to compete for a title. I don’t just want to make the playoffs or get to the first or second round. When I compete, or when I make it to the playoffs, I expect to win every time."

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down