NYCelt
Sam
GreenMonstah
7 posters

Go down

Video Mixes Just For You Empty Video Mixes Just For You

Post by GreenMonstah Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:36 am

Hi!

Apologize for barging in like this. I Just want to share with all my Brothers and Sisters-In-Green my little labor of love. Hope you will enjoy it. If not, please feel free to take this thread down.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/3665845/the_celts_are_back_in_town/

I have two other video mixes in my GreenMonstah account, Welcome Back, KG! and Celtics Pride. Please do check them out, too!

Best Regards,

GreenMonstah

GreenMonstah

Back to top Go down

Video Mixes Just For You Empty Re: Video Mixes Just For You

Post by Sam Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:56 am

GreenMonstah,

Are you kidding? Why would a thread like this ever be taken down? You've included about 100,000 Celtics memories. And you must have been a HUGE Nellie fan! lol.

Thanks for sharing your video. Welcome to this forum. I hope you'll see fit to stick around.

Best regards,

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:02 pm

GreenMonstah,

Welcome and Great Work!

I like the way you keep repeating the loop through the various championship eras. Nice touch ending with the close-up footage of Red.

Check out our various forums and join us during a game in the Game On! forum if you get the chance.

Regards
----------

Sam,

With Monstah's permission of course, we could add a link to this somewhere in our Links, Books and Video section.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:24 pm

NYCelt,

I love the link idea—as you say, pending Monstah's approval.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GreenMonstah Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:42 am

Hi Sam and NYCelt,

Many thanks for welcoming me into the fold. Delighted to make your acquaintance. Really appreciate the positive comments that the two of you have posted. Glad that you enjoyed it as much as I had enjoyed making it. My ears are still flapping like crazy as I write.

Sam, I must say that I really enjoyed reading your almost daily exchanges with the rest of the guys, back when you were still active in the BG Celtics Forum. Good thing I caught one of your rare posts a few months back where you gave a clue on how to find this forum. If not for that, I guess I'd still be asking where in the world is Slippery Sam?!!!

NYCelt, really appreciate your suggestion on linking the video. Please feel free to do as you so wish with the videos that I post here. Thanks, too, for extending the courtesy of asking, though I thought that it was really unneccessary. Whilst we're at it, here are two more videos that I have created :

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/3597672/celtics_pride_v_1984/

The song used in Celtics Pride Ver. 1984 was originally used in the 1981 Finals Closing Song. I thought that it'd be nice to use that song again, this time, in a video tribute to Larry Bird (no, Sam, it's not Nellie), and at the same time, to revisit a great campaign that gave us No. 15.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/3591033/welcome_back_kg/

This video was created, during the off-season, as a way of containing my excitement for the return of KG. Unfortunately, I guess the video has become relevant again, sigh.

Enjoy!

Regards,

GreenMonstah

P.S. apologize for the delay in replying. The reply that I composed last night vanished when I pressed the preview button. This time around, I'll just hit the "Send" Button.

GreenMonstah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:35 am

GreenMonstah,

Great additions. When you led off with McHale hanging Rambis out to dry, it reminded me that, since they called Rambis "Superman," I always wondered why McHale didn't merit the nickname "Kryptonite" or, when playing the Lakers, just plaini "Crypt." (Maybe a little obscure if one isn't familiar with Superman's history.)

Anyway, your videos clearly capture not only the history but also the passion that I feel has always characterized the Celtics. I've tried doing similar things with audio (video would be beyond me...FAR beyond me), and I have some idea of the patience and time required. There's just no substitute for a labor of love.

Sorry the preview button bleeped you. This place is still so knew, that I still have have no idea about all our buttons and sometimes feel as though I'm losing mine.

Welcome again. Those videos are a HUGE service to the board, and I know our thanks reflect the gratitude of many.

Best,

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:11 am

GreenMonstah wrote:Hi!

Apologize for barging in like this. I Just want to share with all my Brothers and Sisters-In-Green my little labor of love. Hope you will enjoy it. If not, please feel free to take this thread down.

I have two other video mixes in my GreenMonstah account, Welcome Back, KG! and Celtics Pride. Please do check them out, too!

Best Regards,

GreenMonstah

Nice mixing of the different eras, thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:11 pm

beautiful
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpygme Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:35 pm

GreenMonstah wrote:Hi!

Best Regards,

GreenMonstah

WOW ! What an experience ! you did a GREAT job with that - goosebumps for me ... thanks a million and a BIG welcome !!!
can't wait to view the other two.

Michael in Denver
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:13 pm

Michael, in case you overlooked it, the URLs for the other two are in one of GreenMonstah's posts (above). All three are great.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpygme Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:49 pm

Sam wrote:Michael, in case you overlooked it, the URLs for the other two are in one of GreenMonstah's posts (above). All three are great.

Sam

thanks, Sam - i do miss things sometimes and am happy that you pointed them out for me. i loved them all - but that first one --
my oh my !!! that is special, simply superb !! Video Mixes Just For You Icon_lol

Michael
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:37 pm

GreenMonstah,

Thanks for the Green Light.

Look for a new topic with video links in the Links Forum soon!

...and thanks for being our motivator on this.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by GreenMonstah Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:47 am

Sam wrote:GreenMonstah,

Great additions. When you led off with McHale hanging Rambis out to dry, it reminded me that, since they called Rambis "Superman," I always wondered why McHale didn't merit the nickname "Kryptonite" or, when playing the Lakers, just plaini "Crypt." (Maybe a little obscure if one isn't familiar with Superman's history.)

Sam,

Here's my take on why McHale was never referred to as "THE KRYPT."

Kurt Rambis with his signature specs = Bumbling Clark Kent, not Superman, yet.
This Bumbling Clark Kent without specs = Blind as a Bat.
Therefore, Kurt Rambis = not Superman, but Batman, without the utility belt.

Batman's enemy = The Penguin
Penguins = Deep Chested Living Thing
Deep Chested Living Thing = Kevin McHale
Therefore, Kevin McHale = The Penguin

I, therefore, conclude that McHale was never called "Krypt" because he wasn't up against Superman. Neither was he called "The Penguin," because, let's face it, who, in his right mind, wants to get socked in the face by an angry 6 foot 11 monster for calling him "The Penguin." ...Wait, wasn't he called the "Penguin" during his time?

GreenMonstah

GreenMonstah

Back to top Go down

Post by GreenMonstah Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:06 am

Bobc33, Jeb65, and Michael:

Thank you!

NYCelt:

Am very much looking forward to that links forum you mentioned. Thanks!

Regards to all!

GreenMonstah

GreenMonstah

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpygme Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:08 pm

GreenMonstah -

do you mind sharing what video editing tool you use to create these? i don't know where you got so many classic clips, but they are wonderful and your timing with the music is terrific !

Michael in Denver
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by GreenMonstah Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:41 pm

Michael,

I used Windows Movie Maker to compose the video mixes. For the component video clips, I used the VLC media player ( which you can download for free ) to extract the video files from DVD's, and save them in WMA file format (or any format readable by Windows Movie Maker).

The Movie Maker is quite easy to use, as it allows you to do lots and lots and lots and lots of trial and error and error and error and error just to assemble the clips together , and to synchronize the music to the visuals.

Since I do not have any formal training on the proper use of the above editing tools, a professional, or one who is familiar with editing, will clearly see the flaws in my videos. For now, I am just happy with the fact that a lot of you got what I was trying to express through the videos.

Let me know if you need any other info or tips on the basics of using the editing tools.

Regards.

GreenMonstah

GreenMonstah

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:54 am

monstah

enjoyed this a lot!!

There was a song I remember from the mid 80's that the sports channel new England ran with various era footage called "light it up" I have never been able to find it. Had the lyrics "light it up one more time for Boston, light it up one more time.......for Red"

If you or anyone ever finds this please let me know.

again great work!!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpygme Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:00 pm

thanks for your reply, monstah ...
you must have a nice collection of DVD's to draw from to have made such a broad montage of game scenes !

haven't heard of VLC media player before, i look forward to checking it out! i have used windows movie maker, and you're right, it is famously easy to use ...

again, terrific stuff !!!!! i was really glad to be able to send the links off to my brothers, who loved them too. (i've told them about this forum, but so far they've not checked it out - dunderheads! they're still in football mode - God knows why !)

all the best,
Michael in Denver
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by GreenMonstah Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:21 am

Beat,

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it.

Here's a link to the current version of the song, "Light it up...one more time."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO3N3SpMzYQ

I hope we could find a reason, like when our lucky stars show up again, to work together as a group and come up with a video mix that will feature that song.

Michael,

You'd be surprised with what you can do with just a few DVD's. Few, as in, just 4 titles in my puny collection of Celtics videos.

Regards,

GreenMonstah

GreenMonstah

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:58 am

green

right song unfortunately not the verson I remember.

Thank for looking tho

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down