gitty up!!!

let the signings begin.

I wonder if Zeller is pissed.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

LeBron back to Cleveland Empty Re: LeBron back to Cleveland

Post by willjr Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:07 pm

I was hoping for this to happen. Not because of any LeBron or Cleveland love inside of me but because of my petty, mean spirited mindset as it pertains to Wade and Riley. Even though they both will continue to live a dream life it still gives me immense joy knowing that the Heat run, with those two being the co-conspirators/architects, is now over.
willjr
willjr

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:44 pm

Hi,
I wonder if Cavs will be going full blast for KLove now.
Also, happy for DWade, who's been left with nothing - karma is a bitch.

Now lebronomania all over again in Cleveland. OTOH, I'm really happy for all the small shops and restaurants around Q arena.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:49 pm

I think we can pretty much count on the Cavs offering Wiggins and other players to Flip for Love.

Kyrie Irving, LeBron and Kevin Love is a pretty damn impressive group.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:31 pm

Wow. Let the dismantling of the Heat begin. Riley will not be pleasant to be around.

It turns out that what the Cavs had to do to get LeBron is fire Mike Brown not just once, but twice.

Bosh likely goes to Houston. Darryl Morey has to find a sad sack taker for Jeremy Lin to make it happen, so a GM somewhere has to figure out what gifts from Houston are needed to make that worthwhile. Chandler Parsons goes to Dallas, making them much better. I think I'd rather have Parsons than Bosh, but that's me.

Wade is left holding a flaming bag of arthritic dog poo. Why exactly did he opt out of $42 million guaranteed over the next two seasons? Will Miami even sign him now? Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Is this Kevin Love scenario for real? I thought it was ludicrous. As a rookie no. 1 pick, Wiggins is worth $4.5 million for trade purposes, so they're going to have to throw in a lot more to make it work. I don't know what else the Cavs have that they're willing to part with and Minnesota wants.

The landscape is rapidly changing, except of course in San Antonio.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:39 pm

I'm now reading that Houston's plan is to sign Bosh AND match Parsons' offer sheet with Dallas. If they dump Lin and pull that off, then yeah, that's pretty good.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:46 pm

Outside wrote:Wow. Let the dismantling of the Heat begin. Riley will not be pleasant to be around.

It turns out that what the Cavs had to do to get LeBron is fire Mike Brown not just once, but twice.

Bosh likely goes to Houston. Darryl Morey has to find a sad sack taker for Jeremy Lin to make it happen, so a GM somewhere has to figure out what gifts from Houston are needed to make that worthwhile. Chandler Parsons goes to Dallas, making them much better. I think I'd rather have Parsons than Bosh, but that's me.

Wade is left holding a flaming bag of arthritic dog poo. Why exactly did he opt out of $42 million guaranteed over the next two seasons? Will Miami even sign him now? Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Is this Kevin Love scenario for real? I thought it was ludicrous. As a rookie no. 1 pick, Wiggins is worth $4.5 million for trade purposes, so they're going to have to throw in a lot more to make it work. I don't know what else the Cavs have that they're willing to part with and Minnesota wants.

The landscape is rapidly changing, except of course in San Antonio.

outside,

I believe that Houston feels they can sign Bosh first and then sign Parsons (or maybe it's the other way around, but I think it's this way).  If Bosh signs first then they can re-sign Parsons because he's one of theirs.  What was hanging it up was that Bosh was waiting to see if LBJ stayed in Miami before he committed and the clock is ticking on Parson's offer sheet from Dallas.  

As far as I am concerned, after Morey stiffed Danny on Asik (sending him to NOP for a deal Danny could have easily matched), Danny shouldn't lift a finger to help Morey unload Jeremy's Lin-sane contract unless there's something seriously good in it for us.

What's putting a smile on my face right now is the thought of Pat Riley in a room right now with DWade, renegotiating his contract. Heartburn City.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:55 pm

Bobh,
AFAIK, Houston have matched Mavs offer to Parsons and are finalizing with Bosh (per Stein and AWoj).

AK

sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:18 pm

In the grand scheme of things, Morey did us a favor by stiffing us on Asik. Zeller will prove to be adequate at creating defensive continuity and at a much lower price, allowing us to improve in other areas and possibly develop/acquire a big down the road.

With LeBron gone, Dwayne Wade will be sitting on the edge of a cliff. I bet he gets hurt this year when some young gun runs over him. Kharma. It's a bitch.

Last edited by worcester on Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:08 pm

worcester wrote:In the grand scheme of things, Morey did us a favor by stiffing us on Asik. Zeller will prove to be adequate a creating defensive continuity and at a much lower price, allowing us to improve in other areas and possibly develop/acquire a big down the road.

With LeBron gone, Dwayne Wade will be sitting on the edge of a cliff. I bet he gets hurt this year when some young gun runs over him. Kharma. It's a bitch.

Could someone please give him a swift kick in the ass?

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:32 pm

In the words of Drake...

"Just hold on, we're going home!"

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:53 pm

Let them all do whatever they will. I prefer to be concerned with the Celtics. And what all this means to the Celtics is that, once again, a possible threat to their historic deeds is declawed.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:02 pm

Chacun a son gout.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:29 pm

worcester wrote:Chacun a son gout.

Morticia,

That's French!

Gomez

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:00 pm

Wish I'd thought of that.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:41 pm

DWade has 3 rings. Time to ride off into the sunset and complete the total dismantling of the Heat.

I think ol' Pat Reilly got a little too much of himself and started reading his own headlines. I hope the woody taste of that 2X4 woke him up and maybe he will consider the same thing DWade is considering...Retirement. Most of our hatred/dislike/disdain for PR goes back to the 80's where his LAL teams single handedly kept us from more than 3 titles in that decade. Throw in the craze of James and the whininess and floppiness of DWade and it's no wonder nobody but Miami residents like the Heat.

As for LeBron, good for him going back to Cleveland. What I don't get is how he's overcome the Dan Gilbert's disdain for him. Must be the max 8 figure salary. My other concern is has Gilbert learned his lesson and will now surround LBJ with enough talent (i.e. open up the checkbook) to bring a title to the forever jinxed town of Cleveland?

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:44 pm

How noble of Lebron to return to Cleveland without the acts of subterfuge collusion nor a fully-built team.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:49 pm

I wonder what reception the Cleveland fans will give him initially. Probably home comes the conquering hero. Nothing like the prospect of winning big to influence people's emotions.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:09 am

Sam,

For some reason, I hate to see this end up as LeBron comes home, starts getting injured and Cleveland winds up holding the same bag o' shit DWade is holding.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:20 am

db,

Considering the way that LeBron plays, relying so much on his athleticism, and the fact that he is such a large mass that moves so quickly and jumps so high, I've always thought that he'll have issues when he reaches the other side of 30 and start to break down. Maybe it will be slowly at first, little things, like tendonitis here or a muscle pull there, but he's been remarkably injury-free so far, and it will be interesting to see how he handles what I see as the inevitable loss of his physical advantage.

Even so, I don't think he'll experience the decline that Wade has. Wade had knee issues already when he came into the league, and his style of play didn't bode well for longevity. My standing joke is that I don't know how the Heat can run a layup line because every time Wade drives, he ends up on the floor, and that would get pretty annoying in warmups. Wade is closer to being Brandon Roy than a typical NBA player, and him falling apart at this point (age 32) means he actually got as much out of his career as he could hope for.

We'll see how it goes with LeBron. Some guys (Jordan, Kobe, and Dr. J come to mind) adjust better to the loss of physical skills than others. Shaq with his bulk and the pounding that put on his joints lasted longer than I thought he would. Maybe LeBron (and Cleveland) will get lucky.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:33 am

Outside wrote:db,

Considering the way that LeBron plays, relying so much on his athleticism, and the fact that he is such a large mass that moves so quickly and jumps so high, I've always thought that he'll have issues when he reaches the other side of 30 and start to break down. Maybe it will be slowly at first, little things, like tendonitis here or a muscle pull there, but he's been remarkably injury-free so far, and it will be interesting to see how he handles what I see as the inevitable loss of his physical advantage.

Even so, I don't think he'll experience the decline that Wade has. Wade had knee issues already when he came into the league, and his style of play didn't bode well for longevity. My standing joke is that I don't know how the Heat can run a layup line because every time Wade drives, he ends up on the floor, and that would get pretty annoying in warmups. Wade is closer to being Brandon Roy than a typical NBA player, and him falling apart at this point (age 32) means he actually got as much out of his career as he could hope for.

We'll see how it goes with LeBron. Some guys (Jordan, Kobe, and Dr. J come to mind) adjust better to the loss of physical skills than others. Shaq with his bulk and the pounding that put on his joints lasted longer than I thought he would. Maybe LeBron (and Cleveland) will get lucky.

outside,

I have those same concerns about Marcus Smart. At 6'3 1/2" - 6'4", 227#, he is a LOAD and his knees could become a problem in a few years too. That's a LOT of weight on those knees.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:42 am

Dbrown,

Just desserts.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:46 am

In another thread, I've expressed the same question about Lebron's reliance upon athleticism.  I made the statement that, without that athleticism, Lebron MIGHT be a better than average player at best.  What I didn't say but have thought since was that his bulk is a major advantage while he can control it athletically.  But there could become a time when lugging around could seem like a curse to him.

Sam

Last edited by sam on Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:02 pm

Evolution in progress. The arms of the modern high flying NBA player will soon show signs of developing into wings. I wonder if there will be an attempt to soften the landing zone around the basket ? Could help to lessen the impact on the knees.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next