Love being traded to the Cavs and re-signing for 5 years

+3
bobheckler
k_j_88
tjmakz
7 posters

Go down

Love being traded to the Cavs and re-signing for 5 years Empty Love being traded to the Cavs and re-signing for 5 years

Post by tjmakz Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:28 am

NBA's new powerhouse on paper is taking form.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24651391/report-cavs-have-agreement-to-trade-for-love-long-term-deal
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Love being traded to the Cavs and re-signing for 5 years Empty Re: Love being traded to the Cavs and re-signing for 5 years

Post by k_j_88 Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:47 am

Cavs capitulated to LBJ'S will, as expected. Minny lucked out, though.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Love being traded to the Cavs and re-signing for 5 years Empty Re: Love being traded to the Cavs and re-signing for 5 years

Post by bobheckler Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:56 am

One cannot test this on the NBA Trade Machine because it won't let you trade Wiggins at this time, but I don't think the numbers work. Maybe I'm wrong.

The centerpiece of this deal, for Minny, is Wiggins. He better pan out, though, because if he is anything less than the next Dr. J then this is one poor deal for Minny and is not as good as the one they could have gotten from either Boston or Chicago.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:03 pm

! would assume that the numbers work or it would not yet be considered a done deal if the traded players involved were yet to be determined. Could be just speculation that its a done deal.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:16 pm

bobheckler wrote:
One cannot test this on the NBA Trade Machine because it won't let you trade Wiggins at this time, but I don't think the numbers work.  Maybe I'm wrong.

The centerpiece of this deal, for Minny, is Wiggins.  He better pan out, though, because if he is anything less than the next Dr. J then this is one poor deal for Minny and is not as good as the one they could have gotten from either Boston or Chicago.

bob

There should be more players involved. Cleveland will have to send approximately another $3m in salary to make the deal work.
There's rumors that Bennett will go to Philly for Thad Young. I could see Bennett and Barea heading to Philly.
I don't think Danny would give up a huge package for Love if he wouldn't agree in advance to re-sign with Boston.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:19 pm

k_j_88 wrote:Cavs capitulated to LBJ'S will, as expected. Minny lucked out, though.

KJ

Minny by far gave up the best player.
Bennett and Wiggins are still question marks.
Cleveland is in a win now mode.
If Wiggins turns into a superstar, then this could slant in Minnesota's favor.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:12 pm

tjmakz wrote:
k_j_88 wrote:Cavs capitulated to LBJ'S will, as expected. Minny lucked out, though.

KJ

If after seeing Wiggins play in college and some of the summer league games you still view him as a "question mark" I don't know what to say. The kid has star written all over him, and at his age, he'll be around a long, long time. Can't predict he's going to be Dr. J., Paul George or a smaller version of Kevin Durant but he's going to be DAMN GOOD. Plus he defends.

I'll take that kind of question mark for the Celtics any day.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:32 pm

steve3344 wrote:
tjmakz wrote:

KJ

If after seeing Wiggins play in college and some of the summer league games you still view him as a "question mark" I don't know what to say.  The kid has star written all over him, and at his age, he'll be around a long, long time.  Can't predict he's going to be Dr. J., Paul George or a smaller version of Kevin Durant but he's going to be DAMN GOOD.  Plus he defends.

I'll take that kind of question mark for the Celtics any day.

I am impressed with Wiggins talent but does he have a strong motor? He hasn't shown that yet.
He had some very good games last year but he did not dominate.
Love is the real deal. He is a superstar. He is the perfect compliment for a great young pg, the best player in the world and with a center who only wants to play near the basket and rebound his tail off. If Love helps Cleveland win a couple of championships, it's hard say this was a bad deal for Cleveland, no matter how good Wiggins eventually turns out to be.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:38 pm

MN could have gotten a better deal with Boston.. but what guarantee would there be he'd re sign? That would be like squandering assets on a rental.

I like KL, but he's no 2007 KG.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:41 pm

k_j_88 wrote:MN could have gotten a better deal with Boston.. but what guarantee would there be he'd re sign? That would be like squandering assets on a rental.

I like KL, but he's no 2007 KG.

KJ

What better deal could Boston have offered for Love?
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:32 pm

Kg..... Love....

Danny ought to begin tucking away the assets needed for wiggy once the time arrives for his resigning as well..
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:37 pm

Now onward to other interesting summer news, such as uniform changes, girlfriend abuse, and demands for max contracts.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down