Keyon Dooling's take on Rondo

5 posters

Go down

Keyon Dooling's take on Rondo Empty Keyon Dooling's take on Rondo

Post by Shamrock1000 Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:52 pm

Greetings all. This would be my first post on this board. I was about to post it on BDC, but as some of you may know, any posts there that are even remotely pro-Rondo are met with some (often bizarre) combination of hostility, mockery, and disdain. I have heard things are more civil over here, so I thought I would give it a try....

Regardless of your opinion of Rondo as a player or as person, or whether you think he should be traded or not, I thought the following link might be interesting to Celtics fans. It contains an excerpt from Keyon Dooling's recent book where he reflects on his relationship with Rondo. Hopefully you all find that it provides some insight into what kind of a guy Rondo is and what kind of a guy Keyon is:

http://redsarmy.com/2014/08/15/keyon-dooling-was-wary-of-rajon-rondo/

Last edited by SHAMROCK1000 on Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Keyon Dooling's take on Rondo Empty Re: Keyon Dooling's take on Rondo

Post by beat Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:57 pm

From one that was banned 3 times on BDC.............welcome !!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:07 pm

Thanks Beat.

After looking at some of the recent posts, looks like someone already posted the excerpt from Keyon's book with his take on Rondo. My apologies for the unintended redundancy....

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:13 pm

Welcome, Shamrock.

And that's a pretty nice article, thank you. I think it gives a good bit of insight in terms of the people that have been around Rondo on a more personal level, as opposed to "hearing things" about him.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:34 pm

Welcome to the board, Shamrock.  You'll enjoy the fact that this forum is downright convivial.  I think all of us have learned a lot about disagreeing civilly, and it even works with me and my wife.

Rondo's been my favorite Celtic since he arrived.  Nonetheless, I have registered some concerns about his lack of pushing the ball upcourt, and I hope that a full season of collaboration with Brad and some great transition prospects will have a beneficial effect on Rajon pace of play.

We look forward to hearing from you early and often.  Don't worry about redundancy; it's bound to happen since some of us post pretty often.  The main thing is your desire to discuss the Celtics, and there's not one of us who has failed to learn a lot about pro basketball and the Celtics in the process.

We have a couple of members who are not Celtics fans but are here because they welcome quality basketball conversation.  I think that speaks very well for them and for our forum.

Anyway, enjoy yourself, and we'll talk soon.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:20 pm

Thanks Sam - always enjoyed your posts back at BDC.

No doubt Rondo can slow things down at times, which is a shame given his natural speed. Similarly, he can also pound the ball while waiting for an assist opportunity to evolve. What bugs me though, is when people cite these tendencies as evidence that he is a stat stuffer. Although he may be guilty of holding the ball too long, I suspect his motivation is not necessarily to rack up another dime, but rather that he genuinely believes that the best chance for the team to score is for him to be making the decisions. Egotistical? Maybe, but aren't most great players supremely confident?

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:30 pm

Here's to hoping *everyone* picks up the pace, not just RR.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:33 pm

Right on KJ - there any many drawbacks to having a young team, but energy and speed are certainly not among them.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:58 pm

Welcome, Shamrock!
I hope you'll find a lot of knowledge and entertainment here.
As for Rondo and BDC, this subject brings the most negativity, disgust, some times outright stupidity. It's way ahead of any other subject in those departments.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down