Cavs back-up point guard breaks finger

+3
dbrown4
swedeinestonia
steve3344
7 posters

Go down

Cavs back-up point guard breaks finger Empty Cavs back-up point guard breaks finger

Post by steve3344 Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:15 pm

No Mo Williams for awhile and now Delonte breaks his finger (on his shooting hand) last night.

Hello Boobie!

Cavs’ West breaks finger on shooting hand

By TOM WITHERS, AP Sports Writer 37 minutes ago

INDEPENDENCE, Ohio (AP)—Cavaliers guard Delonte West has broken his left ring finger, becoming the second Cleveland point guard to be injured this week.

West injured his shooting hand when he started in place of Mo Williams in a win over Los Angeles on Thursday night. Williams could miss up to six weeks after spraining his left shoulder in a game on Tuesday.

The team said Friday that West will miss Saturday’s game against Oklahoma City. The Cavs do not know how long West could be sidelined. Doctors need to wait a few days for the swelling to go down before they can make a more complete evaluation.

Daniel Gibson will take over point guard duties until West returns.

Last edited by steve3344 on Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:24 pm; edited 2 times in total

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Cavs back-up point guard breaks finger Empty Re: Cavs back-up point guard breaks finger

Post by swedeinestonia Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:23 pm

Wow.

Tough break for the cavs.

Guess it was "due"?
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Cavs back-up point guard breaks finger Empty Re: Cavs back-up point guard breaks finger

Post by dbrown4 Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:20 pm

Mike Brown says "That's OK. LeBron will carry the...oh yeah, I tried that last season against ORL. That @$%&^ didn't work!! OK, we're out!!"
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:46 pm

Hi,
I don't think it's a big deal: by March they'll be back. Meanwhile, LJ will carry them: anyway he's the best G on that team.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:52 am

About the biggest impact this injury will have, I think, is that it'll give us a chance, with KG back, to catch Cleveland in the standings.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:23 pm

sinus007 wrote:Hi,
I don't think it's a big deal: by March they'll be back. Meanwhile, LJ will carry them: anyway he's the best G on that team.

AK

I think you're right.

Also often overlooked is the fact that Gibson, with Parker behind him, can at least fill in adequately at the point for now. Cleveland is actually 4 deep and in decent shape at that position. Gibson leads the league in 3-point accuracy so he's not a liability there. Parker, Varejao, O'Neal, Hickson, Jawad Williams and Ilgauskas aren't just standing around doing watercolor paintings. Moon looks like he may finally be healed and Powe may return in a couple of weeks too.

The Cavs are a tough out, even minus Mo Williams and West. We have our work cut out for us.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:06 pm

NYCelt wrote:
sinus007 wrote:Hi,

AK

I think you're right.

Also often overlooked is the fact that Gibson, with Parker behind him, can at least fill in adequately at the point for now. Cleveland is actually 4 deep and in decent shape at that position. Gibson leads the league in 3-point accuracy so he's not a liability there. Parker, Varejao, O'Neal, Hickson, Jawad Williams and Ilgauskas aren't just standing around doing watercolor paintings. Moon looks like he may finally be healed and Powe may return in a couple of weeks too.

The Cavs are a tough out, even minus Mo Williams and West. We have our work cut out for us.

Regards

Especially when Miami hands a game to Cleveland like last night. DWade missed two freebies with 41 seconds left, the Heat bricked 5 of their 6 fourth quarter FT's, and with 7 seconds to go, the ball AND a one point lead, DWade foolishly tries to make a behind-the-back pass to Haslam and Lebron picks it off ("I got careless," said Wade). Then Lebron got fouled and hit two FT's with 4 seconds left. DWade naturally missed a 19 foot jumper that would have won the game for the Heat. What a choke job by Miami.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:26 pm

Steve

despite all the foul shots the BONEHEAD play of the night was the behind the back pass attempt by Wade. I was watching the end of that game and even if Miami gets a shot clock violation there would have been less than 2 seconds left on the clock AND Cleveland did NOT have any timeouts left so they could not have brought the ball to the front court.

What a dumbass pass........all Miami needed to do was work the ball around and throw it toward the rim with a second or two on the shot clock and it's game over.

Wade's mind must have been a long way away from the situation at hand.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down