RosalieTCeltics
k_j_88
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Rondo breaks hand - Page 2 Empty Re: Rondo breaks hand

Post by 112288 Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:31 pm

KJ

When you begin to stretch to make sense of it....you know deep down it did not happen as stated.

Personally I really do not care if he smashed a wall or someones face.........it has no bearing on my life nor the Celtics as they will be irrelevant this year as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:48 pm

112288 wrote:KJ

When you begin to stretch to make sense of it....you know deep down it did not happen as stated.

Personally I really do not care if he smashed a wall or someones face.........it has no bearing on my life nor the Celtics as they will be irrelevant this year as well.

Personally, I have no reason to assume he's outright lying about it. What good would it do?

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:03 pm

I feel the same way K.J.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:22 am

I don't like to think he'd lie either.  But there are ways it could pay off.  If he were lying to the team, it might avoid penalties for engaging in a dangerous sport off the court IF there's a clause about that in his contract.  If both he and the team are lying about it, it could avoid a p.r. disaster fueled by a media frenzy that could cast a shadow over at least training camp and the start of the season.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:11 am

Now Rondo's got company for the next 6-8 weeks (thought not the same injury):

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24736524/what-the-loss-of-nick-young-means-for-an-already-thin-lakers-backcourt

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by hawksnestbeach Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:37 am

With my green glasses on, I can see a green-tinted silver lining to this injury. It relieves pressure on the team, coach and management early in the season, because no matter how we're doing, people can assume we would be better with our all star.
This should free Brad up to experiment more, focusing less on record and more on developing players. It will put the ball in others' hands, let us see what we have and give them more time to learn the system, play off each other, blend in.
This injury may also help us after Rondo returns, because if certain combinations and strategies - fast break, pressure D -work well without him, there will be an impetus to use them later in the season.
When I squint, I can see how this injury benefits the team by depressing our record while doing nothing to hurt our long-term chances. It moves us closer to the next lottery without any hint of resorting to the T word.
So therefore, I conclude Rondo's story doesn't hold up. A more plausible explanation is that Danny hit Rajon on the hand with a hammer - just hard enough to accomplish his team-oriented goals and light-enough to do no real damage.
The proof, of course, is taking Smart in the draft; this plot must have been months in the making.
Bravo to both of them: To Danny for foresight and Rajon for taking one for the team! Hawk

hawksnestbeach

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:18 pm

Hawk,

There was a lot of "developing" last year. Of course Smart and Young need development, but there needs to be more focus on being in a competitive mindset. You have to go out there with the expectation that you're playing to win.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by hawksnestbeach Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:42 pm

KJ, I agree; we need to play our a--es off every game. But other players are now going to have to help fill Rondo's role for awhile, and in the long run - like by next spring - I think those experiences can only help us - no matter how the fall goes. Hawk

hawksnestbeach

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:13 pm

Moreover, the harder they work, the better equipped they'll be to beat other teams in transition.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2