SHARK BYTES: March Madness & Collegiate Hoops Ramblings (ISO Future Celtic Greats)

3 posters

Go down

SHARK BYTES: March Madness & Collegiate Hoops Ramblings (ISO Future Celtic Greats) Empty SHARK BYTES: March Madness & Collegiate Hoops Ramblings (ISO Future Celtic Greats)

Post by Jerry Tarkanian Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:38 am

As I'll Be 'around' the next several weeks, Sam and I thought it might be fun and appropriate to use the College Basketball Tournament season as a showcase for potential Celts draftees and identify 'sleepers' that practice team basketball in the storied franchise tradition. Note: I will never utter the name of the current governing board of March Madness.

A Few names I've witnessed displaying Celtic style ball in the past month:

Darlington Hobson, New Mexico: Likely a one and done collegiate career and could fall into that 22-28 slot the Celts may hold.

Jimmer Fredette, BYU: Great shooter with wonderful court vision. Unlikely to declare this year but s/b available in 2011.

Tre' Von Willis, UNLV: Defensive stopper with a flair for the game winning shot. Leading scorer in Mountain West Conference play. Should be a sleeper for 2011.

David Foster, Utah: 7'3 shot blocker and lane clogger on D with guard skills on O. Saw him go end to end turning a block he maintained possession of into a fast break dunk; Had 10 blocks in the game. Just returned from a 2 year mission and I see no rust on him.

Hopefully we can identify a few guys we'd like to see in Green !

Maybe some will find this link of interest. Robinson and Ewing, along with Tisdale, were the best bigs I was graced to witness, I think in a year or 2 Foster may be added to the mix.

Let me know YOUR Super Bowl picks ! No Hoops to watch Sunday night....alas !
Jerry Tarkanian
Jerry Tarkanian

Back to top Go down

SHARK BYTES: March Madness & Collegiate Hoops Ramblings (ISO Future Celtic Greats) Empty Re: SHARK BYTES: March Madness & Collegiate Hoops Ramblings (ISO Future Celtic Greats)

Post by Sam Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:53 am

Tark,

Thanks for adding this element to the board. A lot of us tend to focus primarily on the NBA, and we could use a healthy infusion of college insight.

I'm not a predictor when it comes to basketball. If picking a Super Bowl winner my head picks the experience of Indy and my heart wants it for the people of New Orleans.

Thanks again,

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

SHARK BYTES: March Madness & Collegiate Hoops Ramblings (ISO Future Celtic Greats) Empty Re: SHARK BYTES: March Madness & Collegiate Hoops Ramblings (ISO Future Celtic Greats)

Post by NYCelt Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:31 pm

Shark,

Nice to see someone talking NCAA hoops. In the days when I had the time my #1 preferred sport to watch.

Someone who might still be available that I'm impressed with is Willie Warren from Oklahoma. A combo guard who should be able to handle the point with very efficient passing though he's more of a shoot first kind of guy. He's got better size than some we've drafted for the point recently (i.e. Hudson, Banks, West, Bremer).

I like Armon Johnson from Nevada better, especially as a true point, but no way he falls to us. He would be another PG that can't shoot the 3 anyway.

Warren's actually primarily a 2-guard who can play the point and I get the feeling we're going to have a need in both places.

Unfortunately I don't see any decent small forwards falling far enough for us in this years draft.

As to your NFL question...Colts by 7.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Tarkanian Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:33 am

Warren has looked better of late....something of a disappointing year to date for him.

Attending the San Diego State game this afternoon and looking forward to seeing Frosh Kawhi Leonard for SDSU. Tim Shelton, ex-Seattle great Lonnie Shelton's son is out for the year, but another nice player.(link)

This article may interest some....C's dafted Hunt in 1991. Likely should have stayed for his senior year and transitioned to PG.

Tark
Jerry Tarkanian
Jerry Tarkanian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down