Gregg Popovich says he won’t coach in July, not even Game 7 of the NBA Finals

3 posters

Go down

Gregg Popovich says he won’t coach in July, not even Game 7 of the NBA Finals Empty Gregg Popovich says he won’t coach in July, not even Game 7 of the NBA Finals

Post by bobheckler Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:19 pm

Gregg Popovich says he won’t coach in July, not even Game 7 of the NBA Finals
Dan Feldman Mar 4, 2015, 7:53 PM EST

Gregg Popovich says he won’t coach in July, not even Game 7 of the NBA Finals Cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwu1njuyndbhmte5mgiyngfmodrjy2vim2i0ndbjzdm1

Mark Cuban supports extending the NBA season further into the summer, even saying “Everybody’s for it now.”

Unfortunately for Cuban, he’s president in only Sharknado 3.

In reality, he can’t just impose his agenda – and Spurs coach Gregg Popovich sure isn’t on board.

Dan McCarney of the San Antonio Express-News:

Extending the length of the season – playing the same number of games over a longer duration – would decrease the grind on players’ bodies. And that’s an important consideration.

But it’s not the only consideration.

A longer season would also keep many people involved in the NBA – team staffers, league executives, coaches, scouts, trainers, players, media, etc. – away from home longer. Obviously, some of those groups (league executives) factor more prominently into the discussion than others (media)

Popovich’s voice matters, though. Obviously, he’s exaggerating his dedication to the cause, but the sentiment is presumably real. If he galvanizes coaches to oppose this change, that could definitely impede any proposal Cuban makes.

bob
MY NOTE: Based upon years and years of evidence, I would not lean towards Pop just "bluffing".

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Gregg Popovich says he won’t coach in July, not even Game 7 of the NBA Finals Empty Re: Gregg Popovich says he won’t coach in July, not even Game 7 of the NBA Finals

Post by beat Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:44 pm

Season is TOOOOOO long already.

I remember graduating from College in 1976, packing up and leaving about May 20 and the Celtics had won a couple days before.....game 7 against the BUCKS.

Before I left I used a green marker on the venetian blinds and when shut a BOSTON CELTIC, 1976 NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS would appear on the outside of my window......of course a few weeks later we got a bill from the college...............for replacing the blinds

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Gregg Popovich says he won’t coach in July, not even Game 7 of the NBA Finals Empty Re: Gregg Popovich says he won’t coach in July, not even Game 7 of the NBA Finals

Post by Sam Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:27 pm

What a ridiculous situation!  Why not play only one game a week so the poor wittle babies won't get aw tired out and will have more time to spend their millions and pretend they're businessmen?  What a farce!

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down