Like Datome,this kid is more than ready to play in the NBA

5 posters

Go down

Like Datome,this kid is more than ready to play in the NBA Empty Like Datome,this kid is more than ready to play in the NBA

Post by international Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:02 pm

https://youtu.be/TgEOOikrOAI

international

Back to top Go down

Like Datome,this kid is more than ready to play in the NBA Empty Re: Like Datome,this kid is more than ready to play in the NBA

Post by international Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:04 pm

a 6-9 shooting guard and small forward,he is 25 years old and is one of the best import players in Spain.He is a good shooter,good offensive rebounder,can play very good defence and can creat his own shot.

international

Back to top Go down

Like Datome,this kid is more than ready to play in the NBA Empty Re: Like Datome,this kid is more than ready to play in the NBA

Post by bobheckler Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:14 pm

international wrote: a 6-9 shooting guard and small forward,he is 25 years old and is one of the best import players in Spain.He is a good shooter,good offensive rebounder,can play very good defence and can creat his own shot.

intl,

Lithuania has produced some truly outstanding basketball players including one of my all-time favorites, Arvydas Sabonis (living in the SF bay area I am supposed to say Sarunas Marciulonis, but it's Arvydas.  Talk about Euro players not necessarily being soft, that would be Sarunas in spades.  He was a baby brahma bull). Sabonis was a 7'3", 290# Bill Walton.

As we get closer to draft day I'll take another look at some film of him.  

Here's an excerpt from draftexpress's article on Eurocamp 2011.  Unfortunately, this is the most recent write up they have and it is dated from 2011.  The reason why this was the last might be because he was available for the 2011 NBA draft and went undrafted.  A lot can change, for good and bad, in 4 years.  I wonder if Danny's director of international scouting is watching him.  

Maybe you should send your ideas to the Celtics organization along with some of your videos.  I'm serious, I'm not joking.  I'm sure they don't have a HUGE international scouting staff, maybe it's just the one guy, they might appreciate some videos and suggestions.  Danny's hiring of a new international director says he takes it seriously, as does his visits to scout Gigi and Porzingis, as well as his invitation to Bertrans to play with us in Orlando summer league.

2011 adidas Eurocamp: Day Three and Final Recap
by: Jonathan Givony - President, Bradley Thayer
June 14, 2011

Mindaugas Kuzminskas, while an unwilling rebounder and defender, shot the ball much better today and scored a bunch. He was 6/10 overall from three and had 32 points in two games. While clearly a skilled player at 6-9, Kuzminskas is an underwhelming athlete and doesn't seem to have improved very much since last season. His move to Zalgiris may have set him back, as he seems to be a lot more one-dimensional now. Automatically draft-eligible this year, Kuzminskas isn't quite that good of a knock-down shooter to let teams ignore his clear-cut deficiencies in other areas.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by international Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:04 pm

Bob,
Right now he is a free agent and if there is a player that has the respect of the coaches,fans a players in the Spanish league is him.He play hard each night,and is very versatile.Recently I read that at least 8 NBA teams are after him.He can play multiple positions and like I said he is tough.

international

Back to top Go down

Post by international Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:12 pm

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/mindaugas-kuzminskas-hopes-for-shot-at-nba/

international

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:38 pm

International.  The "unwilling defender" bothers me even more than the "unwilling rebounder," but both raise some red flags.

However, Datome is showing us that (although he needs to improve his defense too) there are Euros who can shoot the heck out of the ball.

Because so many Euros seem to be more proficient at the offensive end than at the defensive end, I believe that it's particularly important to consider a Euro's attitude before committing to him.  Because I think acceptable team defense can be taught to almost any player with reasonable athleticism and a strong work ethic.

Thanks for this recommendation.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:49 am

Sabonis' son will probably be in this years draft, Bob.

I believe he plays at the same school as Kelly O.

too bad he's not his dad's size.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:44 am

kdp59 wrote:Sabonis' son will probably be in this years draft, Bob.

I believe he plays at the same school as Kelly O.

too bad he's not his dad's size.

kdp,

He's going to Gonzaga.  6'10", 230#, 18 years old.    Could still grow an inch or two and almost certainly put on more pounds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domantas_Sabonis

I wonder why he committed to Gonzaga?  He showed great promise in Euro league play and he is the son of, in my opinion, the best Euro player EVER (probably one of the top centers, ever).  He couldn't get into a top tier school like Duke or UNC or Kansas?  If it was his academic qualifications I'm sure Boeheim would have taken him (sorry, beat, that was a cheap shot).

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by international Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:57 am

Sam
Dont pay attention to scouting report of 4 years ago,in the past I saw thse kind of sout saying things lik this...Luis Scola is too slow to play in th nba,Manu Ginoboli cant guard anybody,Tony Parker is not a it guard,Rudy Gobert is a toothpick that wont be succesfull in the league,Pau Gasol is too soft ,but you know what th were totally wrong.Look to the ast link iposted and tell me I you see a player unwilling to rebound or to defend.

international

Back to top Go down

Post by international Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:07 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO1xgJ4uygo

international

Back to top Go down

Post by Sloopjohnb Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:14 am

As we all know it can be very difficult to project whether a prospect can play.

During a Warriors game one of the broadcasters quoted a scouting report on Curry to the effect that he was an undersized shooting guard. Van Gundy just said, "Now that was a misevaluation."

Among those who didn't think much of Tony Parker was Greg Popovich. Even after the Spurs had worked him out, it took an assistant coach to persuade Pop to take a chance on him.

Sloopjohnb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:10 am

International, on your advice, I will make sure not to pass judgment just based on a four year old report.
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by international Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:46 am

Sam.
in four years a players can improve a lot.Lets talk about Colton Iverson for example ,in the past he was considered slow and to heavy and the scouting said that he wasn't mobile,after 2 years playing in Europe you can see clearly that he is moving better ,he is a better defensive player his range is improved,now he is another kind of player ,much movile and active.4 years ago this kid Kuzminkas was considered a bad rebounder and defender ,but 4 years later he is considered as a very good rebounder specially offensive rebounds and sometimes his coach put him against the best offensive player on the other teams.My point is that I rather have a young veteran like him,Jerebko,Datome or Nokola Mirotic than a young and inmature player taken in the draft.Is not that they are stars but that can help to improve a team.

international

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down