all star weekend

5 posters

Go down

all star weekend Empty all star weekend

Post by jeb Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:27 pm

I was dead agin our injured guys going but PP won the 3's and All of them seemed to support each other and experience some much needed JOY playing hoop...i got this crazy feeling it may bleed over into the next game...
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

all star weekend Empty Re: all star weekend

Post by gyso Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:35 pm

Here is Paul Pierce and the three point contest:

Video:

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/player/feat/NBA_Highlights/18135910;_ylt=Atx2r02gI5VCoCF4MWbnF168vLYF

Boston.com:

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2010/02/14/celtics_pierce_wins_3_point_contest/

Here is Rondo in the H.O.R.S.E. contest:

Video:

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/player/feat/NBA_Highlights/18134636;_ylt=ArA2JSGDbfiAQf30NsqtHsK8vLYF#feat/NBA_Highlights/18134636

Bostonherald.com

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view/20100214rajon_rondo_hot_to_trot_places_second_in_horse/

There's no time limit on H.O.R.S.E. Too bad it ended up being another three point contest due to the hour being almost up. "Rondo ... stuck 9-of-11 treys, but Durant missed just one" Nice outside shooting from Rondo.

gyso
gyso
gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:42 am

Just goes to show you how much the pressure of the game, fatigue, and all that is running through his mind as a PG effects Rajon. If he could just stand out there with an clear mind - he could drain shots with the best of them.

He didnt to anything too athletic in that HORSE game, I think he could have won if he did some of his spin shots and reverse drives.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:26 am

mrkleen09 wrote:Just goes to show you how much the pressure of the game, fatigue, and all that is running through his mind as a PG effects Rajon. If he could just stand out there with an clear mind - he could drain shots with the best of them.

He didnt to anything too athletic in that HORSE game, I think he could have won if he did some of his spin shots and reverse drives.

mrkleen,

Supposedly, he was allowed to use his "real stuff" earlier on in the contest, but my clip didn't show anything except the end. The article said that he followed Durant, so Rondo couldn't dictate the shot selection early on until Durant missed a shot.

I read that he tried spinning the ball on his finger and then laying it in, but he missed. I didn't watch it so I don't know how the earlier rounds went.

Rondo was at a disadvantage in the competition because he had to follow Durant in every round. And it didn’t help him that he missed two of his bread-and-butter shots - from the lane off the 24-second clock and a layup while the ball spun on his fingertip.

gyso
gyso
gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:16 pm

gyso wrote:
mrkleen09 wrote:Just goes to show you how much the pressure of the game, fatigue, and all that is running through his mind as a PG effects Rajon. If he could just stand out there with an clear mind - he could drain shots with the best of them.

mrkleen,

Supposedly, he was allowed to use his "real stuff" earlier on in the contest, but my clip didn't show anything except the end. The article said that he followed Durant, so Rondo couldn't dictate the shot selection early on until Durant missed a shot.

I read that he tried spinning the ball on his finger and then laying it in, but he missed. I didn't watch it so I don't know how the earlier rounds went.

Rondo was at a disadvantage in the competition because he had to follow Durant in every round. And it didn’t help him that he missed two of his bread-and-butter shots - from the lane off the 24-second clock and a layup while the ball spun on his fingertip.

gyso

I watched it all. Durant missed plenty of shots - so Rondo got to do his own thing many times. He missed the spinning on his finger shot TWICE - and didnt do any kind of spinning layups or flip shots. I am sure Durant could do many of them himself, but Rondo basically shot deep jumpers - which he was really good at all things considered, but he is not going to beat Kevin Durant in a shooting contest.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by spike Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:16 pm

It must have seemed like a whirlwind to Rajon. What is he, 23? He had to overcome some odds to get there: low first round draft choice, traded before he played (shades of Bob Cousy); issues with his college coach (shades of Bill Russell) and perhaps a failure to communicate with Doc; surrounded by three perennials and difficult to outshine or shine out; a shot that mystifies; and a most sorrowful visage.

His face-to-face with Chris Paul and tete-a-tete with Rose are potentially the stuff of legends. The man has quiet confidence in himself and large cojones.

Did anyone happen to notice if Paul and KG were in the crowd at the HORSE competition?

spike

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:36 pm

No. It was held at the Dallas Convention Center a different venue than the rest of the All Star Saturday Night events (American Airlines Arena), so no other big name players were there.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:47 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:No. It was held at the Dallas Convention Center a different venue than the rest of the All Star Saturday Night events (American Airlines Arena), so no other big name players were there.

good they must have been getting their treatment/therapy

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by spike Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:03 pm

Thanks, mrk.

Cow, where do you suppose Pierce went after winning the three point contest? To get a rub down for his sore foot or some other part of his anatomy? There's no truth to the rumor that he pulled a Babe Ruth in one of those Dallas stripjoints/brothels.

Good for Paul and Rajon. Paul, because maybe he got all the individual stuff out of his system and Rajon, because he proved that he's one of those guys who signs a big contract and goes out and plays harder. Good for KG too because he looked like he had a lot of fun.

spike

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down