Danny Ainge says "Unlikely Celtics do a deal" ...Coverup for done trade?

+6
NYCelt
bobc33
jeb
Sam
Brandon$$
10 posters

Go down

Danny Ainge says "Unlikely Celtics do a deal" ...Coverup for done trade? Empty Danny Ainge says "Unlikely Celtics do a deal" ...Coverup for done trade?

Post by Brandon$$ Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:32 pm

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insider/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&page=TradeWatch-100215&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba%2finsider%2fcolumns%2fstory%3fcolumnist%3dford_chad%26page%3dTradeWatch-100215 <---need to have insider to view

Celtics president Danny Ainge has said it's "unlikely" that his team will pull off a deal before the deadline. But numerous GMs around the league say Boston has been active in trying to make things happen. To quote one general manager who spoke with Ainge in the past 48 hours, "I get the feeling Boston's getting desperate." ESPN.com

Last edited by Banks$ on Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Brandon$$
Brandon$$

Back to top Go down

Danny Ainge says "Unlikely Celtics do a deal" ...Coverup for done trade? Empty Re: Danny Ainge says "Unlikely Celtics do a deal" ...Coverup for done trade?

Post by 112288 Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:03 pm

This was the same language that was in another report on Friday that Ainge was quoted in saying. To me it's all hyperbole. Ainge is not going to answer the question as to "is he trying to trade'. That would bring the morale down on the team and if he named names he would rip the team apart.

So although we are all probably down by Ainges comments, he is no fool and is working hard to make something happen. We all just got to hang on and play out the waiting game. Tomorrow or Wednesday should prove to be the key day's. I doubt Thursday because of the Laker game.

Back to top Go down

Danny Ainge says "Unlikely Celtics do a deal" ...Coverup for done trade? Empty Re: Danny Ainge says "Unlikely Celtics do a deal" ...Coverup for done trade?

Post by Sam Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:30 pm

Why do people place any store in what Danny (or any general manager) says for publication? For anyone who feels Danny should be announcing a trading Jones to reporters, it would be best to avoid a career in playing poker. Committing himself to even a shred of trading interest in advance simply gives possible trade partners leverage. Danny knows (and so should all of we) that, if he feigns no interest and yet winds up making a trade, he doesn't have to justify his apparent turnaround to anyone. He can simply say that conditions changed and he received an opportunity he couldn't refuse. Just as when a player is injured, he owes no public revelations to any of us.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:33 pm

Yeah hell I want a good poker player doing that stuff. I dont see danny as being anything less.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:45 pm

Banks$ wrote:http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insider/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&page=TradeWatch-100215&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba%2finsider%2fcolumns%2fstory%3fcolumnist%3dford_chad%26page%3dTradeWatch-100215 <---need to have insider to view

Celtics president Danny Ainge has said it's "unlikely" that his team will pull off a deal before the deadline. But numerous GMs around the league say Boston has been active in trying to make things happen. To quote one general manager who spoke with Ainge in the past 48 hours, "I get the feeling Boston's getting desperate." ESPN.com

What do u guys think? Can this roster get it done come playoff time? Personally I think we should pursue that DJ Augustin-Big Baby trade. & when for the love of god will Doc learn to play J.R Giddens and Billy Walker!! I see so much potential in them, if Doc would only give them meaningful minutes!!

If Danny is saying no deal is in the works then my guess is a deal is imminent.

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:32 am

Or, just maybe, Danny's on the level and there's no deal coming.

If everyone is healthy, and remembers to move after the half, we've got a very good team.

That's the thing about a good poker player; sometimes they're not bluffing.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:47 pm

Shouldnt there be some free agents floating around after the trade deadline too?

should not be impossible to find somebody interested in playing for a contender on the cheap then.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:56 pm

swedeinestonia wrote:Shouldnt there be some free agents floating around after the trade deadline too?

should not be impossible to find somebody interested in playing for a contender on the cheap then.

swede,

For example,

Ricky Davis, our old "friend", was just traded to the Clippers as part of the Camby deal and was immediately waived by the Clips. He might not be what we want or need, but he's a bonafide NBA player who will be available, no doubt cheap, as soon as he clears waivers.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:50 pm

When it comes to players like him I think a lot of it ends up being a matter of if they "grew up" or not.

He has obviously had his paydays, is he more interested in being a star or part of something bigger at this point?

Some players will change as they get older and they realize they are mortal and that skills will fade with time. On the Clippers he probably saw no reason to adjust too much to team since they basically suck anyway.

Iverson did not want to step down from the piedestal, I think Marbury did to a certain degree for the time he played, Shaq is playing to win nowadays.

Will Ricky Davis want to win or just do another dunk between the legs?
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:30 pm

bobheckler wrote:
swedeinestonia wrote:Shouldnt there be some free agents floating around after the trade deadline too?

swede,

For example,

Ricky Davis, our old "friend", was just traded to the Clippers as part of the Camby deal and was immediately waived by the Clips. He might not be what we want or need, but he's a bonafide NBA player who will be available, no doubt cheap, as soon as he clears waivers.

bob

bob,

Ricky Davis was on the Clippers roster all this year, not Portland's.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3264

Ricky Davis was just released by Clippers and was not part of the Camby for Blake & Outlaw trade. Unless the amount that the Clippers saved in salary ($1.28mil) was used to buy out Ricky's contract. There probably was enough to do it. And less than $100K in change.

I don't like his numbers, but maybe there was something wrong with him? He was getting less than 14 minutes per game.

gyso
gyso
gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Tarkanian Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:46 pm

I'd be hesitant to add Ricky as we already possess one immature Davis, and suspect two Davis' could be bad for team chemistry on and off the floor.

Tark
Jerry Tarkanian
Jerry Tarkanian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down