Rumor: Celtics likely to give free agent Kawhi Leonard an offer sheet in summer

5 posters

Go down

Rumor: Celtics likely to give free agent Kawhi Leonard an offer sheet in summer Empty Rumor: Celtics likely to give free agent Kawhi Leonard an offer sheet in summer

Post by bobheckler Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:24 pm

http://www.celticsblog.com/2015/3/29/8307791/rumor-celtics-likely-to-give-free-agent-kawhi-leonard-an-offer-sheet

Rumor: Celtics likely to give free agent Kawhi Leonard an offer sheet in summer
By Jeff Clark  @celticsblog on Mar 29, 2015, 10:28a 33

Jerome Miron-USA TODAY Sports

Along with every other free agent.

This summer should be a lot of fun.  I don't know what chance the Celtics have at landing any of the big name free agents, but there's going to at least be interest in most of them, including a dynamic wing with Championship experience (according to Gary Washburn).

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/03/29/nba-players-union-head-says-labor-talks-can-win-win/W7VLG0VMbn0tK7aL2I7qiM/story.html

Kawhi Leonard said he is 100 percent healthy again, giving the Spurs their most versatile player back for the stretch run. Leonard will be a restricted free agent this summer and will receive his share of offer sheets, likely including one from the Celtics. Boston coach Brad Stevens gushed about Leonard's defensive prowess

I mean, I'm pretty sure that every team with cap space will at least consider an offer to Leonard. Every hint seems to point toward him returning to the Spurs to be the future face of that franchise, but you never know.  It never hurts to pick up the phone.  Same goes for Marc Gasol and any number of others.

bob
MY NOTE:  I would think that Kawhi Leonard as our starting SF would be a definite upgrade...

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Rumor: Celtics likely to give free agent Kawhi Leonard an offer sheet in summer Empty Re: Rumor: Celtics likely to give free agent Kawhi Leonard an offer sheet in summer

Post by Sam Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:44 pm

I don't know why people get excited about restricted free agents.  If they're really valuable, their current teams will keep them.  I guess it never hurts to give an offer sheet to a player you really want; but odds are you'll just be giving him a better deal from his current employers.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Rumor: Celtics likely to give free agent Kawhi Leonard an offer sheet in summer Empty Re: Rumor: Celtics likely to give free agent Kawhi Leonard an offer sheet in summer

Post by gyso Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:14 pm

sam wrote:I don't know why people get excited about restricted free agents.  If they're really valuable, their current teams will keep them.  I guess it never hurts to give an offer sheet to a player you really want; but odds are you'll just be giving him a better deal from his current employers.

Sam

Yup.

Back to top Go down

Post by wide clyde Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:04 pm

I could easily get excited about Leonard becoming a Boston Celtic because he is an excellent player, but getting him via the restricted free agent idea is not very encouraging.

wide clyde

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:12 am

Listen to Sam.

He is right on the money............SA will not part with Leonard unless Pop knows something we don't and let's him walk.........In that case buyer beware!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down