How do you like them Badgers?

+2
bobc33
Sloopjohnb
6 posters

Go down

How do you like them Badgers? Empty How do you like them Badgers?

Post by Sloopjohnb Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:44 am

Think Wisconsin can compete in the NBA or at least beat the Knicks or Celtics?

Kaminsky reminds me of a skinny Arvydas Sabonis who reminded me of a beefy Bill Walton. Dekker may just be the next Keith Van Horn.

Sloopjohnb

Back to top Go down

How do you like them Badgers? Empty Re: How do you like them Badgers?

Post by bobc33 Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:36 am

I like them Badgers and will be rooting for them Monday night.  

Now if they are playing an NBA team I want to put a huge wager on the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sloopjohnb Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:40 am

Anyone but Duke--- or Kentucky. Thank god for them Badgers.

If it was going to be Duke or the Wildcats I wouldn't know what to do.

But seriously it's nice to see a team with actual seniors playing key roles beat one-and-done hotshots. Not that I'd have any objections if these hotshots became available to the Celtics but I do like the principle in the abstract I guess.

Sloopjohnb

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:18 pm

Down goes Frazier, down goes Frazier.....was rooting for Badgers. Calipari had a brain cramp/freeze, 4 time clock violations in a row? how could he not call time out after the first? Badgers swarmed the paint in last 5 minutes and Cats had no effective strategy> thats on Calapari. Cauley-Stein got exposed as one dimensional as other than catching lobs he has very little offense.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by wide clyde Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:26 pm

As i have mentioned, I do not watch much college ball but did watch last night to again check out Cauley-stein.

He is going to be an NBA player even if he does not yet have much offense, but I was surprised that he did not get even one rebound above either rim last night.

wide clyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Sloopjohnb Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:42 am

How many rebounds did he get? Bill Russell said that 80% of rebounds are taken at or below the level of the rim. So positioning and anticipation are far more important than jumping ability. And this is from a guy who was a great leaper.

In games I watch I find this to be as true today as in Russell's time.

Sloopjohnb

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:49 am

Larry Bird, Silas and Oakley were 3 great rebounders that just relied on their instincts and positioning , hands and timing to get a ton of rebounds. Cauley-Stein has just been outjumping 6'8" guys, hes got alot of work to do, don't think he'll be as effective as Gobert out of the gate.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:09 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:Larry Bird, Silas and Oakley were 3 great rebounders that just relied on their instincts and positioning , hands and timing to get a ton of rebounds. Cauley-Stein has just been outjumping 6'8" guys, hes got alot of work to do, don't think he'll be as effective as Gobert out of the gate.

cow,

Other than you and me (and maybe international) a lot of people didn't think Gobert would be as effective, and even I was concerned about his lack of weight.  That's why he was picked 27th by Denver and traded to Utah for Erick Green, the #46 pick and cash.  You're angry with Danny for passing on him?  Imagine what Nuggets fans must feel. They had him and then gave him away for

Before he played in the NBA, he played in France.  He averaged only 8.4ppg and 5.4 rpg his last year there.  After going to the Jazz he was assigned to the D-League 2x. So, he wasn't quite "right out of the box".  By comparison, Gigi Datome was a star in Europe but couldn't get off the bench in Detroit and is only getting spotty minutes with the Celtics despite having Brad Stevens, who will throw anybody out there if he thinks he needs them.  I don't know what SVG had against Gigi, but you know Brad doesn't have a problem with him.  You would think Gigi would have made a bigger splash, given his credentials as a pro.

As I've said a million times, the draft is a crap shoot.  We still have to see how well Gobert does after an entire season at starting center (Enes Kanter took a lot of those minutes in the 1st half of the year) and how well he does in the playoffs where the play gets more physical and a stringbean like him might get manhandled.  Of course, Utah has to make the playoffs first...

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:59 am

bob I thought even in limited minutes as a rookie, Gobert always showed in the boxscore he could rebound and block shots and as season wore on his numbers got better, then this season it obviously got better and better.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:26 pm

Willie Cauley-Stein is over-rated,  there were several plays where he played the part of a statue while watching a Wis player drive for a layup (fortunately they missed 2 bunnies)  He appears to lack the energy to play with intensity throughout the game.  He is not a good rebounder and he has zero offense.  In some mocks drafts I have seen him ranked as high as #6.

The Kentucky player that did catch my eye was Devin Booker. He has a beautiful looking jump shot.

Both Kaminsky and Dekker should move up on the draft board and Boston could have a shot at one of them.

The other non playing center for Kentucky is Dakari Johnson, a projected 2nd round pick.  He would be a major project.

Of all the players I have watched I am most intrigued by Justise Winslow.  I would trade up to get him as he appears to be a multi-skilled player that can shoot from the outside, drive to the basket, rebound and defend.

There are a couple of players sitting in the 2nd round that will be steals.  Sure hope we can snag one of them.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum