GIDDENS TO BE INCLUDED IN ROBINSON DEAL

+3
Brandon$$
jeb
7 posters

Go down

GIDDENS TO BE INCLUDED IN ROBINSON DEAL Empty GIDDENS TO BE INCLUDED IN ROBINSON DEAL

Post by 112288 Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:18 pm

› News › Basketball Wiretap › Boston Archives › Giddens To Be Included In Robinson Deal
Giddens To Be Included In Robinson Deal
More Celtics News

Feb 17, 2010 7:30 PM EST
The Celtics are expected acquire Nate Robinson from New York in exchange for Eddie House and J.R. Giddens, according to a report from Marc Spears of Yahoo!

Robinson has been scratched from Wednesday's game due to flu-like symptoms.

Via Marc Spears/Yahoo!
**************************************************************************************************************************************************

House: It’s Likely I’m Gone
By Brian Robb, CelticsHub.com @ February 17th, 7:34 pm Leave a reply ยป
The report comes via The Boston Herald:

Eddie House, speaking at Celtics practice this afternoon at UCLA, just told the team media that his trade to New York for Nate Robinson is almost complete.

The Celtics guard added that he could have remained at the team hotel, but reported for practice in the event that the trade didn’t go through.

“I wouldn’t say it’s a done deal, but there’s a pretty good chance it’s going through,” said House’s agent, Mark Bartlestein.”

In apparent support of House’s theory, the New York media entered the locker room in Madison Square Garden tonight to find Robinson’s locker cleared out, save for a jar of vaseline. Robinson had missed a game Tuesday night in Chicago with what management described as the flu.

Put two and two together here and this one looks like a done deal. Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports has also just tweeted he expects J.R. Giddens to be the other part included in the deal. Obviously, there will have be more parts that fit to make the deal complete, but the evidence is pretty large that this one gets completed by the deadline tomorrow.

Talk about a guy with class, House goes to practice on the verge of being dealt. We will miss you Eddie.

Read more: http://realgm.net/src_wiretap_archives/64797/20100217/giddens_to_be_included_in_robinson_deal/##ixzz0fqVxt0HJ

Back to top Go down

GIDDENS TO BE INCLUDED IN ROBINSON DEAL Empty Re: GIDDENS TO BE INCLUDED IN ROBINSON DEAL

Post by jeb Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:46 pm

Now we got to unknucklehead robinson. Eddie will be missed. Pure class and it seemed he had finally found a home.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

GIDDENS TO BE INCLUDED IN ROBINSON DEAL Empty Re: GIDDENS TO BE INCLUDED IN ROBINSON DEAL

Post by 112288 Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:53 pm

jeb65 wrote:Now we got to unknucklehead robinson. Eddie will be missed. Pure class and it seemed he had finally found a home.

Jeb,

I think there maybe something to the addition of Giddens in the deal. Perhaps the Knicks will buy House's contract out so we can get him back and they keep a young player like Giddens. Just a thought as to Giddens and not a second round draft pick.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon$$ Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:57 pm

I saw a lot of potential in J.R.
I always thought he could be a decent athletic wing for us. It would definatley suck to see him go in the trade. I would have loved to see him run n' gun with Rondo & Perk once the Big 3 was gone.

jeb65,

I agree, Eddie to me when hot could change the outcome of a game with his shooting. & even if he was having an off night he still would've helped the spacing on the floor opening up the lanes for Rondo & Pierce. He will be missed. Chemistry wise & on the court.
Brandon$$
Brandon$$

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:57 pm

I read coach wants house pretty bad...gawd I hope you are right.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:59 pm

Banks

I concur about spacing but now quis can roam and we got a legit ballhandler that on occasion can explode on o. Plus doode is 25...we need some younger legs.

I hate it...loved eddie and will continue to root for him when he aint playin us.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:08 pm

Robinson is a wild man more I think because he knew he was not on a winner and I do not think he bought into D'Antonio's game plan. Under Doc's tutoring, he could become a scoring machine both by himself and passing for assists. The guy can shoot from way, way downtown and is much quicker the House. I love Eddie Mansion but his skills declined to where he was not delivering on a night in night out bases and it would probably be his last go with the Celtic's.

PS WITH A TWO FOR ONE DEAL, DOES THIS NOT OPEN ANOTHER ROSTER SPOT TO WHERE WE NOW HAVE 2 BELOW THE MAX?

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:11 pm

there aint many of us that like this trade but i am one of them. Let's see how he does with somebody to pass to.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:43 am

112288 wrote:
jeb65 wrote:Now we got to unknucklehead robinson. Eddie will be missed. Pure class and it seemed he had finally found a home.

Jeb,

I think there maybe something to the addition of Giddens in the deal. Perhaps the Knicks will buy House's contract out so we can get him back and they keep a young player like Giddens. Just a thought as to Giddens and not a second round draft pick.

That'd be cool, getting Eddie back in 30 days or so.

gyso
gyso
gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:10 am

Eddie was the #2 Ubuntu guy after James Posey. We're not only losing a very effective clutch shooter, we're also losing a chemistry catalyst.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by spike Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:25 am

My favorite memory of Eddie was of him racing the length of the floor and diving for a loose ball in the '08 Finals.

Seems as though the only one who dives for loose balls lately is the big bambino. So that's going to be my measure of whether or not this team has a chance in the second half: floor burns.

spike

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:57 pm

gyso,

Please explain to me why Giddens would have to be included to match the trade value. It appears Eddie's 2.8mm exceeds Nate's $2.02mm, so why shouldn't NY be giving us an additional player?

Signed,

A few bricks short in NC
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:08 pm

dbrown4 wrote:gyso,

Please explain to me why Giddens would have to be included to match the trade value. It appears Eddie's 2.8mm exceeds Nate's $2.02mm, so why shouldn't NY be giving us an additional player?

Signed,

A few bricks short in NC

dbrown,

Nate is BYC. He got a big raise. There is a penalty in the first (base) year. Only 1/2 of his salary amount counts in a trade going out but all of it counts coming in.

NY to Bos: 2.0mil out, 2.8mil in. Too much of a difference.
Bos to NY: 2.8mil out, 4.0mil in. Too much of a difference.

Need more players involved in the trade to lessen the impact of the 2mil penalty. Another way is to include a vet min contract from NY. A third way is to a include a third team (that is under the sal cap) to take on the extra 2mil.

It is complicated for sure.

gyso
gyso
gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:32 pm

Latest update, as of 10:27 Thursday

Deal is now:

Nate and Marcus Landry (?) for Eddie, JR AND WALKER

WTF?

Here's the info on Landry. He's a rookie out of Wisconsin. 6'7", 230#. UNDRAFTED. Brother of Carl Landry (just traded from Houston). Defensive minded (probably why Danny likes him better than Walker).

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/marcus_landry/index.html

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:50 pm

I tried the trade in RealGM Trade checker and it didn't work.

There may be more in order for it to work.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down