Rumor: Celtics Discussed Trade With Minny For Anthony Bennett

4 posters

Go down

Rumor:  Celtics Discussed Trade With Minny For Anthony Bennett Empty Rumor: Celtics Discussed Trade With Minny For Anthony Bennett

Post by bobheckler Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:39 am

Jake Fischer @JakeLFischer
Correction: The discussed Wolves-Celtics is Anthony Bennett, Nos. 31 and 36 for No. 28, not Nos. 31 and 38.
7:25 AM - 24 Jun 2015
  41 41 Retweets  18 18 favorites

CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE.  Somebody at Celticsblog threw this idea out into the blogosphere 2 days ago.

CelticsBlog @celticsblog
I wouldn't be surprised if Danny Ainge kicked the tires on offering a 2nd rounder for A. Bennett
10:58 AM - 22 Jun 2015
  13 13 Retweets  24 24 favorites

bob
MY NOTE:  Danny wants to get out of the 1st round with his 2nd pick IF he doesn't need it to be packaged with other assets to move up.  No guaranteed contracts with 2nd rounders, but there is one with 1st rounders and a #28 is practically 2nd round.  Personally, I'd rather have Bass than Bennett but Danny might have seen that the trade market for Bass isn't so good when he shopped him at the trade deadline this past year.  I have no idea why not...GM's infatuation with youth keeps giving Bennett chance after chance after chance while proven performers like Steady Eddy get dissed.  Rumor:  Celtics Discussed Trade With Minny For Anthony Bennett Icon_rolleyes

Bennett has 1 more year, at $5.8M, then a team option at $7.3M and then a qualifying offer at $9.5M.  Unless Bennett suddenly starts playing like a #1 then he's nothing more than another expiring contract, along with Gerald Wallace's.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Rumor:  Celtics Discussed Trade With Minny For Anthony Bennett Empty Re: Rumor: Celtics Discussed Trade With Minny For Anthony Bennett

Post by kdp59 Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:50 am

not sure I see the facination there for us?

maybe if Minny gives us a late first somehow to take on his bloated salary.

for now i'll chalk it up as Danny checking off all the boxes around the league.

at least i hope thats all it is.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Rumor:  Celtics Discussed Trade With Minny For Anthony Bennett Empty Re: Rumor: Celtics Discussed Trade With Minny For Anthony Bennett

Post by Sam Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:55 am

Wake me when something important happens.  I believe it's the objective of sports journalists to mention every single NBA and college player in connection with the Celtics so they're bound to get lucky somewhere.  Including Bennett just helps to fill out the census.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:10 am

sam wrote:Wake me when something important happens.  I believe it's the objective of sports journalists to mention every single NBA and college player in connection with the Celtics so they're bound to get lucky somewhere.  Including Bennett just helps to fill out the census.

Sam

sam,

As Bob Marley would say "Soon come, soon come".

32 hours and counting until the balloon goes up.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by wide clyde Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:35 am

No need for Bennett in Boston unless he can pitch for the Sox.

He is younger than Bass, but that is his only advantage. Even his pay check is about the same so I would much prefer Bass whom we know is a quality guy and player. His only problem is that he is not a center, and he cannot be blamed for that.

wide clyde

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:37 am

it's like CHRISTMAS!!

you know when you were a kid and you thought you would get something fun and got underware instead.

Bennett= underware......LOL

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:38 am

kdp59 wrote:it's like CHRISTMAS!!

you know when you were a kid and you thought you would get something fun and got underware instead.

Bennett= underware......LOL

kdp,

Yeah, someone else's...

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down