George Karl Likes the Celtics' Chances

5 posters

Go down

George Karl Likes the Celtics' Chances Empty George Karl Likes the Celtics' Chances

Post by NESportsfan12 Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:04 am

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view.bg?articleid=1234543&srvc=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+bostonherald/sports/basketball/celtics+(Boston+Celtics+-+Celtics+%26+NBA+-+BostonHerald.com)

I thought this was an interesting read. I like Karl quite a bit, and hope he beats that cancer...
NESportsfan12
NESportsfan12

Back to top Go down

George Karl Likes the Celtics' Chances Empty Re: George Karl Likes the Celtics' Chances

Post by dbrown4 Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:25 am

Good article. I'm thinking playoff match ups as well. Everyone (press) is saying, "Oh God, the Celtics definitely don't want to run into/play Atlanta (or anyone for that matter), blah, blah, blah." They swept them, etc.

Here's all the Celtics have to do to beat Atlanta...Just win 1 game in the playoffs against them. In a 7 game series, that not asking a whole lot. Atlanta will blow a microchip from this just like they did against Golden State and come completely unraveled because they are expecting to sweep us in the playoffs. Still young and vulnerable. PLEASE let us play Atlanta, sooner or later, it doesn't matter, HCA or not. Not worried about them.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

George Karl Likes the Celtics' Chances Empty Re: George Karl Likes the Celtics' Chances

Post by mrkleen09 Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:56 am

The Celtics season and the eventual results rest on a lot of “Ifs”, which is not usually a good sign. But hey, for 22 years we didn’t have ANY “Ifs” around here….so I will take our chances with a few.

I don’t know what will happen. But I do know that IF Pierce has a good thumb, KG is playing like he did the last 3 games, Ray Allen is shooting well, Robinson adds a spark, and Rondo dominates two or three games in a row – the Celtics will be a hard team to beat come play off time.

George Karl is a great coach and seems to be a great person as well. Wishing him a speedy recovery.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:05 pm

Karl is a great coach and great person. He is 1000% on the money. The good news is, nobody listens to him. Just the way we want it. His comments will go right over everyone's head in the league, especially since that came through the Herald. Again, just the way we want it. For all intents and purposes, we are dead to the league (and press) right now. We fall under the shooting star category. Sure we just went 3-1 on the road. Press has reasoned this was against inferior teams, including Kobe-less LAL. The game we did lose was against a true playoff finalist. They're not convinced. Again, just the way we want it.

But we are convinced. At least I am. I know Sam doesn't like it when I do this, but once again, after a win over NYK, I am demanding victory (and noticable improvement) over CLE this week. Hey, I'm 1-0 after the Lakers game. I'm undefeated!! I'm going for it!!
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:30 pm

Dbrown,

Hoping is great. Demanding is okay (although I prefer "expectation" because we're really not in a position to demand). It's predictions that I think are ill-advised, partly because they leave the predictors so open to later ridicule.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:39 pm

I've never thought he was that great of a coach, but I've always liked George's attitude towards life and towards the game. Watching the highlights from his press con on Sportscenter last week, I really felt for the guy. Even though they are saying it's treatable, this is no joke.

Get well soon- we want to see Furious George back for the playoffs.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down