beat
mrkleen09
Sam
steve3344
cowens/oldschool
jeb
10 posters

Go down

who is going to guard "king" James? Empty who is going to guard "king" James?

Post by jeb Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:21 pm

I PP aint playing I dont have a clue. QUis is too small. Hell Tony Allen? what do you guys think? I'm bet it'll be Tony.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

who is going to guard "king" James? Empty Re: who is going to guard "king" James?

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:58 pm

I have a feeling Pierce will be back for this one

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

who is going to guard "king" James? Empty Re: who is going to guard "king" James?

Post by jeb Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:02 pm

Cow

Man I hope so. He can at least slow him down.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:11 pm

jeb
His D on Melo was great,must be reason he made 2nd team all defensive last year,hope he rests on offense,just move the ball and play D,should be good game.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:12 pm

cow

He played his best d of the year in the last three games out west. My guess is pp and tony with splashes of quis. Man we need to win this one.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:17 pm

would be great to send a message,yeah love watching PP on defense lately,he lead league in steals one year,has great hands.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:23 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:would be great to send a message,yeah love watching PP on defense lately,he lead league in steals one year,has great hands.

Only things Pierce ever led the league in were total points scored in 2002, free throws made and attempted in 2003 and turnovers in 2004:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/piercpa01.html

But he's still going to the Hall of Fame.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:42 pm

didn't Pierce lead league in steals his 2nd year?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:59 pm

He was second in steals per game in 1999-2000.
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:10 am

thanks Sam that was his second year.....thought he led league

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:13 am

I think Pierce is out for a few games. Doc said he needs to rest his hand, and I dont see any reason to rush him back to play against Lebron.

James is going to get his point no matter who is guarding him so it makes no difference to me. We need big games from KG / Perk / Sheed down low - and need Rondo and Nate to control tempo. If we do that, we can beat the Cavs with or without the Captain.

I say Robinson has a good game and throws in 15+ points. Hope I am right.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:40 am

kleen hope your right too,Pierce could be difference of Bron going for 40 instead of say 30.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:50 am

kleen

Agree bringing PP back to help "contain" the Queen is not needed nor warranted right now, Rest the dam hand (and the legs to boot).

Quis can do an OK job as much as anyone. Make him be the Queen of the jumper and try not to let him in the paint where he will always be rewarded with foul shots. If he leads them by nailing 5-6 threes and other assorted outside shots so be it. When he gets the ball double him as much as possible to get it out of his hands and beyond that make him work on defense.

beat

PS and once Quis picks up 3 in the first quarter Tony gets the nod!

( I've ofter wondered to how a really quick player like RR or even Nate would do on him, Knats are annoying and yeah the Queen would perhaps try to back them down but in so doing he's wasting time and with some weak side help it might just screw him up a bit.)
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:20 am

Hi,
I second the "rest the hand" sentiment.

AK

PS I hope Leon will get the same reception tomorrow as EH's got yesterday.

Last edited by sinus007 on Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added PS)
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:03 am

I wouldn't rush Pierce back either.

Throw Tony at James and see what happens.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:12 am

Tony and quis. Going to have to watch that inside out stuff or they will kill us with threes. Tough call. Tony ...you lose the toss. Deal with this dude all night.

Got to lure him into shooting jumpers.

Wish to god we'd get healthy.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:19 am

Marcus Landry has 6 fouls to give. Maybe he will go all "Conner Henry" on the Cavs, but instead of doing it on the offensive end, he adds to Celtic lore by playing lock down defense on little queeny in his debut.

Yeah, yeah...grasping at straws.

I got sunshine,
On a cloudy day.
When it's cold outside,
I've got the month of May.
I guess you'd say,
What can make me feel this way?

Marcus, Marcus, Marcus.
Talkin' 'bout Marcus.
Marcus!

Seriously, the key to beat any team that relies so much on one guy is to concentrate on the other guys. Lebron will get his, even if it takes 30+ shots to get them. Let's try to keep another Cav from having a career night.

Take away the passing angles and force Lebron to do it all. That has worked in the past.

gyso
gyso
gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:59 am

Conner Henry? HAHAHA, If that's the case, why not bring back Brad Lohaus! (LOL)-Pierce doesn't need to be in there now. As much as his physcial state, he needs to get his mental state back to TEAM ball and forget the ISO's-Lebron will get his, just look out Jamison, Hickson or Andy doesn't go nuts!-Boobie Gibson really fell into it, How did he get something as fine as Keyshia Cole? Oh well, I guess some wonder how Shelden Williams got Candace Parker!-MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:00 pm

quis is playin
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down