Dante Exum Suffers Torn ACL

2 posters

Go down

Dante Exum Suffers Torn ACL Empty Dante Exum Suffers Torn ACL

Post by bobheckler Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:49 am

A non-contact injury.  

Dante Exum Suffers Torn ACL
AUG 4, 2015 6:14 PM

Dante Exum suffered a left knee injury Tuesday while competing for the Australian National Team in a game against the Slovenian National Team.

Exum was treated on site and will now return to Salt Lake City for further evaluation by the Utah Jazz's medical staff.

Tim Montemayor reports the Exum was diagnosed with a torn ACL.

bob
MY NOTE:  Tough luck for the kid.  

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Dante Exum Suffers Torn ACL Empty Re: Dante Exum Suffers Torn ACL

Post by rambone Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:55 am

I'd like to see something like:

Bradley, Turner, Sully
for
Favors

rambone

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:29 am

rambone wrote:I'd like to see something like:

Bradley, Turner, Sully
for
Favors

rambone,

Is Favors that much of an upgrade over Sully that you'd give up Bradley and Turner too? Are floor generalship isn't that good to begin with that we can afford to give up Turner. Furthermore, what's our depth at SF if he's gone? Crowder, Jones and Young? I'd give them Young before I'd give them Turner, and the numbers work on that trade too. At guard, you take away Bradley's offense at SG and who do we have? Not Smart, Hunter is unproven.

Let them throw a #1 into that and maybe they'll interest me.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by rambone Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:59 am

Favors is a much better defender than Sully, and a much better rim protector. He's only 6'10 but he has a crazy wingspan and would start at center for us day one. Not to mention he has a better attitude than Sully, is less injury prone, and isn't going to gain 20+ lbs in the middle of the season. He's also locked in to a long term contract.

Even if Sully has a good/great year this year, I would not trust him to keep working after he scores his contract next summer. And we already have a better version of Sully in David Lee.

The Jazz have had their eye on Bradley for a while, and apparently offered their first rounder this year for him back in Feb. They ended up drafting another PF in Trey Lyles.

Turner is also in the last year of his deal, so his trade value isn't great either, but the Jazz could use him as he's a better version of Exum right now.

Celtics also have Jerebko and hopefully Jonathan Holmes, both of whom can play some SF. Smart, at 230 lbs and very tough, can play minutes there as well.

Favors would immediately be one of our best players, and probably our best big defender. He also has the versatility to play either PF or C. Sully, Zeller, David Lee, and Amir Johnson are all in their last guaranteed year of their contracts.

Neither Sullinger nor Turner have much trade value, but Bradley might make it worthwhile. I really like Bradley, and think he still has a bit of upside, but the Celtics are definitely well prepared to thrive without him, with Rozier, Hunter, IT4, Smart, and Young.

Just an idea.

rambone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down