The Pistol

2 posters

Go down

The Pistol Empty The Pistol

Post by bobheckler Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:43 am

Still, to this day, the leading all-time NCAA scorer, averaging 45ppg in college.  His coach said that he charted out every game Maravich played at LSU and said that if there had been a 3pt shot back in those days he'd have averaged 50.

Red Auerbach used to do teaching videos called "Red on Roundball".  The ones he did with Maravich, I think he did three (which is one, or maybe even two, more than I think he ever did with any other player), were amazing.

He also played "Horse" with other NBA players, including George "Iceman" Gervin and Bob McAdoo.

Pete Maravich could do it all.  Ok, so maybe he couldn't do defense really well but his teams never needed him for that.  They needed him to be the magic man on offense.  We only got him for a year, at the very end when it was obvious he was on his last legs.  If only we had gotten him a few years sooner, if only.  It is obvious that Red loved him, so that would not have been a problem.

It's the dog days of summer.  Real news is few and far between, so why not liven it up with some amazing "old news"?

His winning shot against Kevin Greavey

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

The Pistol Empty Re: The Pistol

Post by bobc33 Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:16 pm

Amazing how similar many of the passes were coming from either Pete or Larry. I think they saw the court in the same slow motion creative sense.

Back to top Go down