Training Camp Invite List

5 posters

Go down

Training Camp Invite List Empty Training Camp Invite List

Post by bobheckler Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:37 pm

Coty Clarke of Arkansas just got invited. 6'7", 225#, 23 years old. Played last year in Israel (NOT for Maccabi-Tel Aviv. THAT would be a good club to work on).

Corey Walden, 6'2", 190#. Was on summer league play but didn't get to play before he got injured. Was given a 2 year contract with a minimum $25k payout. Will end up in Maine.

Levi Randolph, 6'6", 220#, 6'9" wingspan.

I guess they want 20 players in camp so they can run two full court scrimmages concurrently...

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Training Camp Invite List Empty Re: Training Camp Invite List

Post by wide clyde Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:29 pm

I seem to recall the Celtics having around 20 players in camp almost every year. Not sure that I remember any other time that they had 17 'guaranteed' contracts in the 20, however.

As Bob mentioned, there will be some of these guys sent to Maine in return for getting the opportunity to take part in a pre season camp with a quality coaching staff and a lot of young guys fighting for playing time.

Not sure that any of the three guys mentioned would make the Cs final roster even if there were trades made between now and late October, but they will get a chance to show more of what they can do to the entire NBA by taking part in the Cs pre season. And, this year these guys even get a tour of parts of Europe as an added benefit.

Good deal for the three guys and a good deal for the Cs as they get some additional bodies to run reps in drills and scrimmages.

wide clyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:05 pm

As I've said before, this is no time to be roster-counting. It's a familiar pattern. Load up with guys they could use or not use depending on how they want to distribute the floor time for the rotation players. (I won't even mention the "I" word.)

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:14 pm

It puts them on the path to Maine, that's all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:22 pm

Sounds about right, gyso.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:04 pm

http://www.celticsblog.com/2015/8/7/9109879/boston-celtics-sign-holy-cross-malcolm-miller-to-training-camp-roster

Source: Boston Celtics sign Holy Cross' Malcolm Miller to training camp roster
By Kevin O'Connor  @KevinOConnorNBA on Aug 7, 2015, 12:39p 24

The Boston Celtics have agreed to a one-year, league minimum contract with undrafted free agent Malcolm Miller, according to a league source. The deal is nonguaranteed and will give Miller a training camp audition with the team.

The 22-year-old has long-term NBA potential, despite going undrafted. As a senior at Holy Cross, the 6'7" wing/forward averaged 14.5 points, 1.6 blocks and 1.3 steals in 31.7 minutes per game. He played in seven games for the Celtics in the summer league, averaging four points in 12.1 minutes per game.

Miller has a smooth stroke from downtown and hit 5-of-6 of his threes for the Celtics. He must develop his ball handling, but he's fluid and could develop the ability to slash to the rim. He also has long-term potential as a versatile defender, due to his quick feet, long arms, and explosive leaping ability.

Alabama guard Levi Randolph and Eastern Kentucky guard Corey Walden will likely join Malcolm Miller on the training camp roster. If Miller doesn't make the Celtics, he is a strong candidate to play the season for Boston's D-League affiliate, the Maine Red Claws.

bob
Training Camp Invite List 1384387465

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:00 pm

If he could gain five inches in height, we might be treated to the Celtics' version of Malcolm in the Middle.

Yet another recruit who plays the same position as James Young. Just sayin'.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Berlin-T Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:51 pm

If I remember right he did a nice job passing the ball on the fast break. Did he wear number 47? I remember thinking, who is this guy? I hope he's given a chance. Anyone but Young is my motto.
Berlin-T
Berlin-T

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:07 pm

Berlin,

Miller wore #48, and Royce O'Neale wore #47.
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down