Michael Jordan: Larry Bird probably the biggest trash talker I ever played

Go down

Michael Jordan: Larry Bird probably the biggest trash talker I ever played Empty Michael Jordan: Larry Bird probably the biggest trash talker I ever played

Post by bobheckler Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:46 pm

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2015/08/michael_jordan_larry_bird_prob.html

Michael Jordan: Larry Bird probably the biggest trash talker I ever played

Michael Jordan: Larry Bird probably the biggest trash talker I ever played 16975036-mmmain
FILE -- Boston Celtics legend Larry Bird inbounds the ball during the Celtics' practice at Brandeis University in Waltham, Mass., Tuesday, Nov. 19, 1996. (AP File Photo/Ed Nessen)

Print Email Jay King | mjking@masslive.com By Jay King | mjking@masslive.com

on August 10, 2015 at 2:30 PM, updated August 10, 2015 at 2:39 PM

Like any other former Larry Bird opponent, Michael Jordan probably has some entertaining stories about the legend's ruthless on-court demeanor. Jordan did not share any at his camp in Santa Barbara, Cali., this weekend, but did call Bird the biggest trash talker he ever played against.

"Probably Larry Bird," Jordan told his campers as you can see at the 0:52 mark of a video posted on CelticsBlog. "He talked a lot of trash. Good trash. Not dirty trash. Good trash."

During Bird's prime, Jordan's Bulls were never Eastern Conference competitors. As it was, the two superstars only met in the playoffs twice, in 1986 and 1987. The first time, the Celtics swept Chicago en route to the championship, but Jordan averaged 43.7 points, 6.3 rebounds and 5.7 assists per game. After he went bonkers for 63 points in Game 2, Bird said, "I didn't think anyone was capable of doing what Michael has done to us. He is the most exciting, awesome player in the game today. I think it's just God disguised as Michael Jordan."

Anyway, Larry Bird stories will forever be great. It's a shame Jordan didn't share any specifics, but the thought of Bird and His Airness yapping at each other is enough to brighten a Monday.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down