RJ Sniper's Full Summer League Highlights

5 posters

Go down

RJ Sniper's Full Summer League Highlights Empty RJ Sniper's Full Summer League Highlights

Post by bobheckler Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:31 pm

It's August, it's slow.  Thought I'd renew some of the fun we had last month.

Jeez, this kid can shoot!  Great court vision too. Him and The Mouse have really good feel for each other's moves.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

RJ Sniper's Full Summer League Highlights Empty Re: RJ Sniper's Full Summer League Highlights

Post by Sam Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:41 pm

And there's absolutely no hesitancy in his game, so he's always thinking ahead.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

RJ Sniper's Full Summer League Highlights Empty Re: RJ Sniper's Full Summer League Highlights

Post by bobc33 Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:05 pm

The dude certainly can shoot and has no reluctance to launch from anywhere as long as he is over half court!

I thought he showed some good court awareness and passing skills too this summer.

It will be interesting to see how Brad uses him and how he does against the big boys this upcoming season. Will he get minutes as a rookie?

Back to top Go down

Post by Improbulus Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:11 am

I like his extremely quick release. Fast and accurate. And great touch on his passing. I think he'll be a keeper.

Improbulus

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:18 am

Improbulus wrote:I like his extremely quick release.  Fast and accurate.  And great touch on his passing.  I think he'll be a keeper.

Hi Improbulus,  nice to see you.

If Hunter isn't already the best shooter on a team desperate for shooters then I don't know who is.  IT and Bradley can shoot, but not great %.  Our bigs need room.  Our bigs (e.g. Zeller, Kelly and Lee) are mobile but not bulls.  Sully's a bull but, at 6'9" and still probably earth-bound, is undersized underneath.  Opening up the floor so they can get a step on their man and have that be enough is critical to their success and it is players like RJ Sniper that will do that for them.  

Keeping in mind the kid has still never laced up an NBA sneaker, if it were to come down to one of these 4 players having to go; Smart, Bradley, Rozier or Hunter my pick would be that Hunter would be the last one to go.  He is the only one of those 4 whose skill sets do not directly overlay or are duplicated by the other 3.  His defense might not be as good as theirs but he has height they don't have and he can shoot like there's no tomorrow.  Shooting is one of the easiest skill sets to add (e.g. Jason Kidd became a good 3pt shooter late in his career, couldn't throw it in the ocean from the edge of the pier when he came into the league.  Even Cedric Maxwell developed a decent standing, no-jump shot from mid-range towards the end that he trotted out once or twice a game to pull the defense away for a drive) but it is also perhaps the most transferable skill set from college.  If you're a great shooter in college you'll be a great shooter in the pros.  You might have to add a few feet to your range, but if you're a shooter that's duck soup for you.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:17 am

This kid is our future 2, really impressed with how he picked up other nuances of the game so fast in SL, he understands the game like a coaches son....hes not Gerald Green.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:15 am

Agreed, Cow. Moreover, he's a good ballhandler and ball distributor. It never hurts for a guy whose main forte is shooting to have those two skills as well.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down