The Future of the NBA Point Guard Is Already Here

2 posters

Go down

The Future of the NBA Point Guard Is Already Here Empty The Future of the NBA Point Guard Is Already Here

Post by bobheckler Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:29 am

MY NOTE:  There are some graphics that I cannot copy-and-paste here, and they make this whole thing make more sense, so I'm not going to even start.  You should follow the link to the bleacher report article and read it directly.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2559496-the-future-of-the-nba-point-guard-is-already-here

The Future of the NBA Point Guard Is Already Here
By Josh Martin , NBA Lead Writer Sep 2, 2015

The Future of the NBA Point Guard Is Already Here Hi-res-fc0081c8204e17b9891ddacf6d09ea4d_crop_north
The Future of the NBA Point Guard Is Already HereAndrew D. Bernstein/Getty Images
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

The Future of the NBA Point Guard Is Already Here Empty Re: The Future of the NBA Point Guard Is Already Here

Post by swish Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:51 pm

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=combined&type=per_game&per_minute_base=36&per_poss_base=100&lg_id=NBA&is_playoffs=N&year_min=1952&year_max=1963&franch_id=&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&height_min=0&height_max=99&shoot_hand=&birth_country_is=Y&birth_country=&birth_state=&college_id=&draft_year=&is_active=&debut_yr_nba_start=&debut_yr_nba_end=&debut_yr_aba_start=&debut_yr_aba_end=&is_hof=&is_as=&as_comp=gt&as_val=&award=&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&qual=&c1stat=mp&c1comp=gt&c1val=10000&c2stat=ast_per_g&c2comp=gt&c2val=4&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&c5stat=&c5comp=gt&c6mult=1.0&c6stat=&order_by=ast_per_mp

Above link confirms that Cousy pioneered the scoring point guard position. Other than Robertson and Guerrin other leading assist leaders were relatively weak in scoring .

swish

swish

Back to top Go down