NBA Trade Rumors: Al Horford To Boston Celtics? Ainge Ready To Make Big Move

+3
dboss
wide clyde
bobheckler
7 posters

Go down

NBA Trade Rumors: Al Horford To Boston Celtics? Ainge Ready To Make Big Move Empty NBA Trade Rumors: Al Horford To Boston Celtics? Ainge Ready To Make Big Move

Post by bobheckler Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:53 pm

http://www.ischoolguide.com/articles/25443/20150912/nba-trade-rumors-al-horford-boston-celtics-ainge-ready-make.htm

Sep 12, 2015 01:31 PM EDT / By Michael Asis
NBA Trade Rumors: Al Horford To Boston Celtics? Ainge Ready To Make Big Move
The Boston Celtics are aggressively in the hunt for actual stars to boost their rebuild.

NBA Trade Rumors: Al Horford To Boston Celtics? Ainge Ready To Make Big Move Al-horford
(Photo : Jason Miller / Getty Images Sport) Al Horford

At the moment, the Celtics roster is not exactly intimidating but they do have some assets. The team is constantly on the trade rumor mill since asset collection is just phase one of their rebuilding plans.

A report from CBS as they analyzed the team shows that GM Danny Ainge is already on the cusp of a big move.

Ainge was quoted in an interview with the Boston Globe that they "are going to go after anybody and everybody that we think is a significant player to upgrade our talent."

Even if that plan did not really get them a superstar this summer, they managed to improve, as CBS noted.

"Ainge did actually upgrade the roster with pretty good players but no one of any real, star-quality significance," the report noted. "When it comes down to it, all of these new additions are just fine, but don't be surprsied if Ainge makes another move or two during the season."

One of the possible moves may be a swing for Al Horford, star of the Atlanta Hawks who is due to become a free agent at the end of the season. Yibada identified him as one of the Ainge's possible targets.

"The former Florida Gator who won multiple championships in College may want to seek other options as he refused to negotiate for an extension and elected to test the waters of free agency," the site reported. "The Hawks may not want to gamble on the uncertainty and seek assets that they can use if they need to rebuild-something the Celtics have plenty of."

The Celtics know that they are not a solid free agent destination after they have swung and missed the past two years. However, if they already have Horford via trade, they can offer him more money to retain him and also use him as a selling point for other free agents.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

NBA Trade Rumors: Al Horford To Boston Celtics? Ainge Ready To Make Big Move Empty Re: NBA Trade Rumors: Al Horford To Boston Celtics? Ainge Ready To Make Big Move

Post by wide clyde Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:45 pm

I don't know if the Cs will try to get Horford, but I can see that the Hawks uniforms with sleeves look as bad as the gray ones the Celtics have if that is Horford wearing one.

wide clyde

Back to top Go down

NBA Trade Rumors: Al Horford To Boston Celtics? Ainge Ready To Make Big Move Empty Re: NBA Trade Rumors: Al Horford To Boston Celtics? Ainge Ready To Make Big Move

Post by dboss Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:41 pm

Given increasing cap space I don't see the Hawks moving him.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:29 pm

I lost.. where is the rumor? This is just a possible scenario cooked up by 4th rate wanna be journalists..
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:53 pm

Cousins.

some new rabble out on the innerwebs now about the Kings still wanting to move him. Might just be the same old , same old.

I know some want no parts of the big man in Boston and some see him as the possible star to take us to the next level.

IF Ainge/Stevens want him and IF the Kings do want to move him........

how about a deal where we send Lee, Sully and Rozier ( a combined $19.5M in salary's) along with Our first next year, Dallas' first next year and Philly second rounder next season

to the Kings for
Cousins and D. Collison ( $19.7M in salary's).

our roster afterwards:

C- Cousins
C- Zeller
C/PF- Kelly O.
PF- Johnson
PF- Jerebko
PF- Mickey
SF- Crowder
SF- Turner
SF- P. Jones
SG- Bradley
SG- Young
SG- Hunter
PG- Smart
PG- Thomas
PG- Collison

15 guaranteed contracts here now, Cousins signed for THREE full years and Collison for one additional year.

why would the Kings do it?

Karl and Cousins may be oil and water
Rondo was signed to play PG and Collison was signed by the last regime.

Kings get two additional first round picks NEXT year ( I would consider even adding Memphis first in 2017 IF Ainge really wants him enough).

Kings projected roster?

C- Koufos
C- Cauley-Stein
PF- Sully
PF- Lee
PF- Q. Acy
SF- Gay
SF- Casspi
SF- C. Butler
SG- McLemore
SG- Belinelli
SG- J. Anderson
PG- ROndo
PG- Seth Curry
PG- Rozier
PG- Stockton ?

THREE first round picks for next season.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by rambone Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:44 pm

Cousins would cost a lot more than that. Including probably the Nets '16 first. Sully and Lee are on expiring deals, so there's not much value there.

The Kings will do a deal that sets up their franchise very well going forward, not just a couple expiring deals, a mid-first round rookie, and a couple first rounders.

Maybe for a lesser player, but not Cousins.

rambone

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:22 am

you're probably right that they would want the Nets picks from us along with a third first. ( I threw in a second because Ainge has a boat load next year).

They would control Sully as a RFA next year I would note, as well as have Rozier on a rookie deal.

I thought the trade "balanced" both rosters out nicely and getting three first round picks for a guy you want to move( IF they do want to move him) isn't a bad haul.

so if three first round picks, Rozier ( another first) and control over Sully isn't enough......I guess I'd have to pass on him then.

one thing for sure, IF Ainge wants him and he's on the market we have the most "draft chips" to send back.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:36 am

And I as the general manager of the kings, would not make the deal until after the lottery because I would want at least 1 of the 1st rounders to be a top 5 pick. Of course this number could be lower if the projection for high success does not extend to the top 5.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down