Change of pace topic (Marcus)

3 posters

Go down

Change of pace topic (Marcus) Empty Change of pace topic (Marcus)

Post by beat Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:59 pm

With a somewhat disappointing basketball season over Marcus is now awaiting his sport, baseball, to begin. School has hired both a new Varsity and JV coach that both have a good knowledge of the game. As of now there are 24 kids signed up total for both teams.

Kid hasn't picked up a ball since last fall and I have no idea if he will do as well or better than last year.

Practices start next week and first games are in mid April. Hopefully I will have some positive reports both for the team and for him.

beat

Change of pace topic (Marcus) Dsc_9610
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Change of pace topic (Marcus) Empty Re: Change of pace topic (Marcus)

Post by NYCelt Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:03 pm

beat,

Sounds like you didn't have to worry about how you were going to do your job and coach at the same time after all. I'll look forward to hearing how baseball goes (if the snow ever melts).

And hey...how 'bout those #1 ranked Orangemen?

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:12 pm

NYCelt

Yeah the coaching thing was a real concern. I would have been willing to do it if nobody came forward but last week a person expressed an interest. He's young just out of college and subs at school, looking for a full time position. Played 3 years in High school but not in college.

Marcus and I go to a lot of Syracuse Chiefs games and he usually waits around after to get autographs. Well I work with this guys dad (in the same building) and Marcus made the connection as this guy (the new coach) and his dad also do the same thing and Marcus knows him quite well. I have given him copies of last years stats and told him I intend to keep them this year. gave him a little capsule of the players to as I had many of them in 7th grade 2 years ago when I did coach.

Really glad it has worked out.

As for those Orangemen all I can say is wow!!!

They are playing extreemly well. Both Marcus and Sarah got their BEAT NOVA shirts and of course we had good seats too...................... (in front of the HD bigscreen!!!!)

Little Mike must be getting set for his baseball too I would gather.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:28 pm

Beat,

Please wish Marcus all the best from both of us. Also, all the best to his dad, who will be messing with his stats while the team undoubtedly messes with his emotions.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:38 pm

Sam and NYC

Nothing better than a baseball game with your kid either next to you watching or out there playing. (and it helps a little that he's got a little talent too) but really keeping the stats is easy but I have my method and looking a book at the end of a game might look a bit like Chinese writing with all my little marks and dots and lines. At least I know what they mean.

I have a tiny concern that he does too good in the early practices and the Varsity coach wants him. Neither of us want that to happen (at least not till the end of the season) but if he's good enough my other thought is why not!

Anyway I'm sure JV is where he'll be, but a good lefty when you hae none looks inviting and there are no other pitchers that are lefthanded in the entire bunch.

Hope you weathered the recent "weather" , looks like it has been a bit nasty out on the cape!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:40 pm

beat wrote:

Little Mike must be getting set for his baseball too I would gather.

beat

Absolutely! We started indoor again last Saturday and he's enjoying it.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:49 pm

Mainly rain on the Cape. We get a lot of high winds from either direction. From the South, they come in over the water, and from the North, they gain speed over the golf course. So the house takes a beating, bur fortunately that hasn't included us. Certainly nothing in the same hemisphere as what you guys experience.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:59 pm

Actually Sam this must be about the mildest and least snowy wnter we have had in a long time.

Last couple days have been nice and sunny although highs only in the 30's I'll take it in a heartbeat.

Nothing below ZERO in a long time and when we got it it was only for a day or so. Got maybe 1-2 feet of snow on the level now and with the high sun beating on it we are losing it slowly.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down