Boston Celtics' Isaiah Thomas clarifies he plans to show off 'one-foot three-pointer' this season

2 posters

Go down

Boston Celtics' Isaiah Thomas clarifies he plans to show off 'one-foot three-pointer' this season Empty Boston Celtics' Isaiah Thomas clarifies he plans to show off 'one-foot three-pointer' this season

Post by bobheckler Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:43 am

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2015/09/boston_celtics_isaiah_thomas_c.html#incart_river

Boston Celtics' Isaiah Thomas clarifies he plans to show off 'one-foot three-pointer' this season

Print Email Jay King | mjking@masslive.com By Jay King | mjking@masslive.com

on September 29, 2015 at 10:46 AM, updated September 29, 2015 at 10:55 AM

After a summer of watching film and working out, Boston Celtics playmaker Isaiah Thomas has made it known he intends to steal some of Steve Nash's unique finishes. Apparently, Thomas even plans to unveil some of the funky shots from behind the arc.

During a recent interview with Basketball Insiders' Alex Kennedy, he stressed (again) that he worked on extending his range and developing his ability to finish.

"I've also been working on my mid-range game," Thomas said, "and I have a one-foot three-pointer that I'm going to show off this season. I'm just trying to add different things to my game and become an even more complete player."

Wait, a one-foot three-pointer?

Like this?

MY NOTE:  It's in a format I cannot copy.  It is, however, an ugly shot that did NOT go in.  It also was NOT that sneaky little Canadian taking it.

It would be weird, for sure, and interesting, and maybe even awesome. I'm interested to see how often Thomas actually uses the tactic. At media day last week, he said he's been working on a lot of one-foot shots. While he said he could extend the new weapon to the 3-point line, it wasn't clear he meant behind it.

"And I know the first time I do it, you guys are going to be like, 'What the hell is he is doing?'" Thomas said then. "But I definitely worked on it. I've been working on that all summer. I've just been trying to figure out ways to continue to get better and continue to be the best player I can possibly be."

As long as they go in, I guess.

Thomas also discussed considering himself underrated and doing whatever it takes to become a star.

bob
MY NOTE: IF it goes in, great. Then you're forcing the defense to come up even more to challenge the quick 3 fga. If it doesn't, then please stop taking them. Yeah, like that will happen. IT has never seen a shot he didn't love and insist upon taking.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Boston Celtics' Isaiah Thomas clarifies he plans to show off 'one-foot three-pointer' this season Empty Re: Boston Celtics' Isaiah Thomas clarifies he plans to show off 'one-foot three-pointer' this season

Post by rambone Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:57 pm

Here's some examples. Definitely a good tool to have from the mid-range and in, and a nice bail out move from further out if the shot clock/quarter are expiring

rambone

Back to top Go down