Michael Kidd-Gilchrist Likely Out For Entire Season

3 posters

Go down

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist Likely Out For Entire Season Empty Michael Kidd-Gilchrist Likely Out For Entire Season

Post by bobheckler Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:20 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/source--hornets--michael-kidd-gilchrist-to-undergo-season-ending-shoulder-surgery-185947959.html

Source: Hornets' Michael Kidd-Gilchrist likely to miss season because of shoulder surgery
By Adrian Wojnarowski
4 hours ago
Yahoo Sports


Charlotte Hornets forward Michael Kidd-Gilchrist will undergo shoulder surgery and likely miss the entire season, a league source told Yahoo Sports.

Kidd-Gilchrist is expected to miss six months with the injury, which wouldn't allow for a possible return until the final weeks of the season in April. It leaves little hope that Kidd-Gilchrist can return to the lineup this season.

Kidd-Gilchrist suffered a separated right shoulder in Saturday’s preseason victory over Orlando, and an MRI on Monday in Charlotte revealed a torn labrum. Kidd-Gilchrist, 22, signed a four-year, $52 million contract extension in September.

For the Hornets and coach Steve Clifford, the loss of Kidd-Gilchrist is a significant blow to a revamped roster with a real hope of returning to the playoffs. Kidd-Gilchrist is the Hornets’ best perimeter defender and a developing offensive player.

The loss of Kidd-Gilchrist will make the acquisitions of Nicolas Batum and Jeremy Lamb even more important for the Hornets.

Kidd-Gilchrist, the No. 2 overall pick in the 2012 NBA draft, has developed into a cornerstone player for the Hornets along with center Al Jefferson and guard Kemba Walker.

Kidd-Gilchrist had dramatically improved his offensive game with a revamped jump shot and was one of the team’s most important defensive players. In his third NBA season, Kidd-Gilchrist averaged 10.9 points and 7.6 rebounds in 55 games for Charlotte last season.

bob
MY NOTE:  If Woj says it, it's probably true.  Smart of the kid(d) to sign a $52M extension this summer, huh?  Nothing like getting paid $13M for doing nothing. So, how about a trade now, MJ?  

Well, anybody who thought the Hornets were going to take a big step up this year doesn't know the Hornets very well, do they?

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist Likely Out For Entire Season Empty Re: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist Likely Out For Entire Season

Post by Matty Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:30 pm

Hmm they need a replacement sf...

Jones or young could be available but I'm sure Danny wouldn't part with either on the cheap.

Mebbe we will be picking up some more firsts.... lol
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist Likely Out For Entire Season Empty Re: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist Likely Out For Entire Season

Post by gyso Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:36 pm

The Hornets are my 2nd favorite team, only because I live here. I really hoped they would be exciting this year and show some improvement. This is not what I wanted to read.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down