Raptors leading the way, while young Celtics on the rise

2 posters

Go down

Raptors leading the way, while young Celtics on the rise Empty Raptors leading the way, while young Celtics on the rise

Post by bobheckler Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:03 pm

http://www.nba.com/news/features/lang_whitaker/atlantic-division-2015-preview/

Raptors leading the way, while young Celtics on the rise

Atlantic Division 2015-16 Preview

POSTED: Oct 13, 2015 10:48 AM ET

BY LANG WHITAKER
NBA.com
@langwhitaker | Archive

ATLANTIC DIVISION
Welcome to the Atlantic Division, a.k.a. the Atlantis Division, a.k.a. the main reason that winning a division no longer means an automatic top-four playoff seed. Sure, Toronto nearly won 50 games last season, but the Celtics managed to finish second and still were two games under .500. The good news? The Atlantic Division has nowhere to go but up!
DIVISION PREDICTION
1) Raptors*
2) Celtics*
3) Nets
4) Knicks
5) 76ers
* Playoff team

SUPERLATIVES

Team on Rise: Boston Celtics -- A late-season spurt gave them a playoff berth, as well as a look at what their future could be.

Team on Decline: Brooklyn Nets -- The Nets wanted to win a title by 2015; instead they're treading water in the middle of a bad division.

Top Player: Carmelo Anthony -- When healthy, Anthony is one of the best scorers in the game. The Knicks may be in flux, but they have a franchise player ready to go.

Top Coach: Brad Stevens -- The young Boston coach has endured losses without losing hope, and the Celts seem ready to turn a corner with a terrific young coach at the helm.

Coach on Hot Seat: Lionel Hollins -- To be clear, I don't really think Hollins is on the hot seat. But, considering everyone else is committed to rebuilding and Dwane Casey just got an extension in Toronto, it's process of elimination.

Top Rookie: Jahlil Okafor, Philadelphia 76ers -- He was nearly the top pick, but fell to Philly at the three spot. Could end up being the steal of the Draft.

bob
MY NOTE: How can the #3 pick be considered "a steal"? If Phil can pull his head out of his zen ass and get it together a bit Brooklyn could fall even further down. Brooklyn is a fragile team. One injury to almost anybody and they could drop big-time.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Raptors leading the way, while young Celtics on the rise Empty Re: Raptors leading the way, while young Celtics on the rise

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:52 am

This is the weakest division on paper in years, maybe ever, I mean Philly, the Nets and Knicks all suck....and Toronto is not that good either, even though they might have an all star backcourt.

We still need a few serious upgrades, maybe the 16 draft will be a blessing? but with what I'm seeing, we could own this division for years.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down