Lebron Leads Post Game Prayer for Stuckey

+4
jeb
bobc33
cowens/oldschool
MDCelticsFan
8 posters

Go down

Lebron Leads Post Game Prayer for Stuckey Empty Lebron Leads Post Game Prayer for Stuckey

Post by MDCelticsFan Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:11 pm

Tragically Rodney Stuckey was overcome by an undisclosed medical emergency during the Pistons-Cavs game tonight. Stuckey was taken to a local Cleveland hospital for emergency treatment. After the game Lebron summoned his Cavs teammates along with Piston players to lead a prayer for Stuckey's recovery. Lebron said in the post game interview, "It may be the Cavs and the Pistons out here, but when something like this happens, under our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, We're all one family." I don't think anyone should bring up Lebron's failure to shake hands after a play-off series again. This man is worthy to be the face of the NBA. You'd never get something like that from Kobe!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Lebron Leads Post Game Prayer for Stuckey Empty Re: Lebron Leads Post Game Prayer for Stuckey

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:17 pm

Amen brother

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Lebron Leads Post Game Prayer for Stuckey Empty Re: Lebron Leads Post Game Prayer for Stuckey

Post by bobc33 Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:10 pm

Lebron just went up a notch in my estimation.

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:45 am

I'm big on second chances ...good job kid.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:02 am

Hope Rodney is ok.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:50 am

why announce it? Again bringing attention to himself! Could have been done in the locker room area away from the crowd.

Sorry but i'll never trust his motives of self gratification.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:22 am

beat

Reporters are in his face all the time,hes just expressing concern similar to how alot of athletes or people might do in a dire situation.I didn't see the coverage on TV,but I'm sure reporters were asking him for his take on Stuckey,so he just spoke from the heart.

cow

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:51 am

Always difficult to know if that kind of action is sincere or not. They also won which probably made it easier to be "humble".

But there is also really no value in assuming the worst about an action like this, I hope Stuckey will be ok.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:02 am

Swede and Cow

I probably should give him the benefit of the doubt on this one, but his past actions make that a bit difficult.

Bron might be a lot of things and yeah reporters are after him but the actual "prayer" with the pistons (if it did take place on the court led by LBJ) could and and should have been done in private with the teams. Not perhaps "grandstanding" in front of the fans.

I do not upject with what he said to the reporter.

Just has the taste of being a bit phoney to me thats all.

Of course lets say Lou Williams collapsed last night and Pierce did the same thing as LBJ.......................I'd say what a great player/person!! Thats how it is when about the only color you see is green I guess!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:51 am

Beat

Doode never saw a microphone he didnt love. It dont "excuse" his pathetic pouting after he loses and imho he has a lot of growin up to do.

But he did a good job with this one I think.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:41 am

Our first instinct should probably be one of concern for Rodney and his family and hope for his speedy recovery.

As for the gesture, it seems consistent with escalating attempts to become the face of the league. Sort of consistent with a belief that no good work is wasted unless the public doesn't become aware of it.

Prayers take place all the time in the privacy of locker rooms. I have no idea of the timing of the prayer or how it was handled by the television media. But I'm wondering how many fans (and perhaps even Stuckey's family members) may have been left wondering what dire unannounced news the players were aware of.

But the important focus should be on Rodney Stuckey's welfare.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:39 pm

Sam

Near as I can tell Rodney Is still at hospital but ok. I think they are doing test.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:06 pm

Jeb,

That makes sense. I recall that he had some kind of fainting spell against the Celtics a year or two ago. I hope the tests are very thorough.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:08 pm

Sam

Being a longtime Celtics man and knowing what you know... so do I.

God be with him. I still aint over DJ. That was about ten blocks from my house.

I wonder sometimes if it dont have to do with their size...anyway ramblin
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:14 pm

Jeb,

I know some athletes develop oversized hearts, and I'm guessing that's function of the amount of aerobic exercise they have. What's scary is that, whatever the problem, it eludes the checkups all athletes routinely have. And, if it's true for them, it's got to be true for the rest of us as well.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:01 pm

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/articles/2010/03/06/pistons_stuckey_is_doing_well_after_collapse/

update
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:37 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4971385
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:11 pm

LeBron is not playing tonight for whatever reason.

Enough for me to not be happy with him Razz
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:48 pm

Cleveland looked pretty mortal without their go to guy. They lose. Miami beats the Hawks. Miami is my new fav team.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:01 pm

And holy crap I guess I'm going to have to pull for the Lakers to beat Orlando. We aint that far behind them.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down