LOTS of key injuries around the league

5 posters

Go down

LOTS of key injuries around the league Empty LOTS of key injuries around the league

Post by steve3344 Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:15 pm

Tony Parker broke a bone in his hand tonight. Not sure if that will end his - and obviously the Spurs - seasons.

Lebron pulled himself out of tonight's game (a loss to the Bucks) apparently due to the ankle sprain he suffered last night. And we know Shaq is probably out until the second round of the playoffs. Cavs are saying it was as good a night as any to give him a rest since he's been playing so many minutes and he could have played if necessary. But he doesn't miss many so it's notable.

Jermaine O'Neal suffered a knee injury (severity unknown) in the second quarter of tonight's Heat game (a win against Atlanta).

Kenyon Martin has a partial tear of his left patella tendon and surgery is being considered. The Nuggets are actually considering signing Mark Blount or Mikki Moore, which shows you how undesirable the list of available big men is.

Chris Bosh has a severe ankle strain and has been out over two weeks and was sent to the hospital with stomach pains last night but might play Sunday.

Brendan Haywood was a late scratch in tonight's Mavs game due to lower back tightness.

We all saw what happened to Rodney Stuckey last night in the Piston game. Scary situation.

Trevor Ariza has a severe hip flexor and has missed six straight games.

Al Jefferson missed his second straight for the T-Wolves tonight. (That's not earth-shaking but I like him so I mentioned it.)

Charlotte is still down a couple of big men (Mohammed and Diop) although Tyson Chandler just came back.

Yi Jianlian sprained his ankle in tonight's Nets win over the Knicks which might affect their march toward 10 wins and not being stuck with the worst record of all-time. Again, not a biggie, but 9-73 is a record for the ages and it's been fun to watch the Nets challenge that (it wasn't fun watching them beat US, however).

And then there are the disastrous injuries suffered by Blake Griffin and Greg Oden (Pryzbilla too) that ended their seasons.

There are lots more too, but those are just ones that came to mind or are recent.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

LOTS of key injuries around the league Empty Re: LOTS of key injuries around the league

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:57 am

WOW glad we went through our injury stretch already and with a deep bench and better health we can make some noise in playoffs

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

LOTS of key injuries around the league Empty Re: LOTS of key injuries around the league

Post by beat Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:02 am

The NEW face of the NBA

LOTS of key injuries around the league Arcc2l10

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:34 pm

Forgot to mention Jason Terry's fractured eye socket causing him to be out several weeks. Major loss for Dallas.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:36 pm

Holy Jesus, Blazer fans are cursed:

Blazers center Przybilla ruptures tendon again

57 minutes ago

DENVER (AP)—Portland Trail Blazers center Joel Przybilla, already out for the season, slipped while taking a shower at his home and ruptured the right patella tendon again that he tore in December, team officials said.

In a news conference prior to Sunday’s game against the Denver Nuggets, Trail Blazers coach Nate McMillan said Przybilla would undergo surgery in the next few days to repair the tendon for a second time. He underwent a similar procedure Dec. 24, two days after he originally ruptured the tendon during a game against the Dallas Mavericks, ending his season.

“He will have to go through this all over again,” McMillan said.

Przybilla was at his home in Milwaukee where he was in the midst of an injury rehabilitation program, when he slipped in the shower on Saturday morning. He returned to Portland on Sunday to undergo an MRI, which showed the tendon had again ruptured.

“We were told a week prior to this that he was doing great,” McMillan said. “I’m sure Joel was starting to feel better and got a little bit more comfortable. It’s one of those situations where you slip in the tub and the thing buckles.”

McMillan said it was too early to tell if the setback would affect his return next season.

“I don’t know,” he said. “I don’t think our medical staff will say until they decide on when they’re going to have surgery. After the surgery they will decide what exactly they need to do.”

Also, the Trail Blazers were without Marcus Camby for the game against the Nuggets. Camby has a sprained left ankle.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:04 pm

LeBron is sitting against the Spurs..
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:20 pm

Breaks my heart thats for sure!!
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:27 pm

steve3344 wrote:Holy Jesus, Blazer fans are cursed:

57 minutes ago

DENVER (AP)—Portland Trail Blazers center Joel Przybilla, already out for the season, slipped while taking a shower at his home and ruptured the right patella tendon again that he tore in December, team officials said.

In a news conference prior to Sunday’s game against the Denver Nuggets, Trail Blazers coach Nate McMillan said Przybilla would undergo surgery in the next few days to repair the tendon for a second time. He underwent a similar procedure Dec. 24, two days after he originally ruptured the tendon during a game against the Dallas Mavericks, ending his season.

Przybilla was at his home in Milwaukee where he was in the midst of an injury rehabilitation program, when he slipped in the shower on Saturday morning. He returned to Portland on Sunday to undergo an MRI, which showed the tendon had again ruptured.

“We were told a week prior to this that he was doing great,” McMillan said. “I’m sure Joel was starting to feel better and got a little bit more comfortable. It’s one of those situations where you slip in the tub and the thing buckles.”

McMillan said it was too early to tell if the setback would affect his return next season.

“I don’t know,” he said. “I don’t think our medical staff will say until they decide on when they’re going to have surgery. After the surgery they will decide what exactly they need to do.”

Also, the Trail Blazers were without Marcus Camby for the game against the Nuggets. Camby has a sprained left ankle.

steve,

Between Portland and GS they've lost more player days than imaginable.

Makes me wonder whether there's something less spongy about their hardwood, or more incompetent about their trainers or...

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:36 pm

bobheckler wrote:

57 minutes ago

steve,

Makes me wonder whether there's something less spongy about their hardwood, or more incompetent about their trainers or...

bob

Bob,

As for Portland, I'm not inclined to indict their trainer unless he's in the shower with Pryzbilla...

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:13 pm

steve3344 wrote:
bobheckler wrote:

57 minutes ago

steve,

bob

Bob,

As for Portland, I'm not inclined to indict their trainer unless he's in the shower with Pryzbilla...

steve,

Indict him for being in the shower with Pryzbilla? What is this? Uganda?

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:34 pm

bobheckler wrote:
steve3344 wrote:
bobheckler wrote:

57 minutes ago

steve,

bob

Bob,

steve,

bob

Bob,

I was talking about the PARTICULAR shower when Pryzbilla fell and tore up his knee again. If I'm rooting for a player (and Portland is my second favorite team, going back to the Walton days) I don't care who they shower with as long as they come out of it unscathed. But if something injurious happens I'm ready to assign blame...

Reminds me of an old funny shower comment I heard on a late night talk show. Some delectable young actress was discussing her personal hygiene and she told the host "the one thing I know is every time I take a shower with my boyfriend my breasts will get REALLY REALLY clean."

Cracked everyone up.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:36 pm

steve3344 wrote:
bobheckler wrote:
steve3344 wrote:
bobheckler wrote:

57 minutes ago

steve,

bob

Bob,

steve,

bob

Bob,

I was talking about the PARTICULAR shower when Pryzbilla fell and tore up his knee again. If I'm rooting for a player (and Portland is my second favorite team, going back to the Walton days) I don't care who they shower with as long as they come out of it unscathed. But if something injurious happens I'm ready to assign blame...

Reminds me of an old funny shower comment I heard on a late night talk show. Some delectable young actress was discussing her personal hygiene and she told the host "the one thing I know is every time I take a shower with my boyfriend my breasts will get REALLY REALLY clean."

Cracked everyone up.

steve,

Glad you thought it was funny. I can't tell you how many times I asked her not to tell that story on national TV.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down