Black stripe on Celtics' shoulder strap?Who aren the Celtics mourning?

4 posters

Go down

Black stripe on Celtics' shoulder strap?Who aren the Celtics mourning? Empty Black stripe on Celtics' shoulder strap?Who aren the Celtics mourning?

Post by worcester Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:16 pm

Who are the Celtics mourning?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Black stripe on Celtics' shoulder strap?Who aren the Celtics mourning? Empty Re: Black stripe on Celtics' shoulder strap?Who aren the Celtics mourning?

Post by gyso Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:19 pm

W,

I noticed that stripe, but am clueless.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Black stripe on Celtics' shoulder strap?Who aren the Celtics mourning? Empty Re: Black stripe on Celtics' shoulder strap?Who aren the Celtics mourning?

Post by worcester Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:24 pm

Thanks Gyso. If you don't know, then it wasn't Tommy.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:43 pm

worcester wrote:Thanks Gyso. If you don't know, then it wasn't Tommy.

It's been there for a while. I'll do a search and let you know if I find anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:48 pm

W,

Google "black stripe on Celtics jersey'.  The answer is, 'for  Boston marathon victims'.

I am in bed on my Kindle, otherwise I would link the article.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:44 pm

I heard a non-Boston announcer say it was for Loscy. If you notice they have t-shirts that have a flag with Loscy's name on it too.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:30 am

I also read somewhere that the black stripe is to remember Loscotoff. The stripe first showed on the uniforms the day after he passed away. Nice gesture by the Cs for one of their old time role players who has more rings than Jordan.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:45 am

I just love that the Celts are a family and we are all part of it.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:56 am

This was back in 2013:

Celtics to wear black stripe on jersey to honor victims of Boston Marathon bombings

http://www.si.com/nba/point-forward/2013/04/17/boston-marathon-bombings-celtics-jersey-black-stripe-honor-victims

That was a couple of seasons ago, so I'll agree that it is a tribute to Loscotoff. I could not find any articles that mention it, but looking at the images on the Celtics website, it showed up in some games in early December.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:27 am

Paul Pierce had 20 points in 27 minutes last night. Gotta love that guy.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down