Jared Sullinger?

5 posters

Go down

Jared Sullinger? Empty Jared Sullinger?

Post by wideclyde Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:20 pm

I have enjoyed watching Jared Sullinger during his time in Boston, but tonight's game is another reason why I doubt that he will be back in a Cs uniform next year unless he will settle for only a very small pay raise.

This guy is not only an injury and conditioning risk from year to year (although pretty healthy this season), but he is also far too inconsistent as now a fourth year NBA player.

He has not been injured this season but has had far too many games where he ends games with similar stats to tonight's game (4 points, 2 rebs ib 16-20 minutes). To me, this is not a sign of a guy who will be searching for a big contract for next season. I would expect more from a guy who has a starting position.

Yes, he has had much better games, but his inconsistency is becoming more and more a problem for me going forward. I would think that Jordan Mickey could have matched Sullinger's stats tonight and also in many of his other lack luster games as well and Mickey is a second round draft pick, rookie if he had gotten 16 minutes of game time against the Knicks.

By the way, Avery Bradley seems to fall into this exact same category on too many nights, too.

I am afraid that seeing Sullinger traded at the deadline will not surprise nor bother me.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Jared Sullinger? Empty Re: Jared Sullinger?

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:48 am

Sully was getting eatin up by Lopez and Porzing, thank god Porzingus only played 3 minutes or so in second half, he was abusing Sully, who could barely get a shot off. In those instances, the old Sully could have went outside and hit some outside/midrange shots, but that part of his game is rarely there anymore. We still need someone who can board and bang like him when he is on, until proven otherwise Mickey is an athletic undersized PF, but not a center.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:01 am

yep, when we play teams like NY our lack of size inside becomes a real problem.

I still wonder why Danny went for Amir over Lopez this past off-season. I understand that Lopez deal was 4 years and fully guaranteed against Amir's two year with the only the first guaranteed.

But man, everytime I watch us against the Knicks I keep wishing that Lopez was here instead of Amir.

we DO need length and WILL need in come playoff time, IMO.

I personally think Danny has had a blind spot for big men, since Tree Rollins......LOL.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:07 am

Sully has regressed to his rookie year. He's still thinking he's the biggest man on the court, like he was when he played for Ohio State, and he's trying to go inside against taller men and he's getting blocked or taking awful shots.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:57 am

Cowens,

I realize that Mickey is too small to be a starting center in the NBA, but my point was/is that even at his size he probably could have scored more than 4 points and gotten more than the two rebounds that Sullinger got last night with the same amount of minutes. For the Cs and also for Sullinger, he needs to provide better performances on a much more regular basis.

The Knicks game was just not a good night for Sullinger and every one can have a bad game, but my problem with him is that he has too many games like he had last night in what is a playoff run for his team and a 'contract' year for him.

------------------------------------------------------------
KDP,

I very much agree that more size is needed. Perhaps, using last night as an example, Zeller will get more and more playing time. It still kind of baffles me that Zeller has gone from a starting center for the last 1/3rd of last season to a "DNP" player this year.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:04 pm

Yes it was god to see Zeller not only get game time, but to be a key player again.

he really IS the only true center we have, right now IMO.

of course he may have just been being shown to Houston, so who knows!

Shocked

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:55 pm

clyde if Mickey has to go against the centers that Sully takes on night in and night out, I don't know if he has the size/bulk to do that, as a PF I'm sure he could put up decent numbers....we'll have to wait and see how he'll be used.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:42 pm

No one except those on the team really knows if Sully is nursing an injury.  Earlier this season, Mike or Tommy mentioned that Sully was nursing a sore wrist.  Before that, no one here had a clue that he was injured and it was affecting his shot, both from the floor and from the frito line.

He still may not have recovered from the sore wrist and he may even be suffering from some other malady.  The Celtic front office doesn't make it a habit to publish injury reports, as it isn't in the team's best interest.

Sully is what he is, and the reality is that he is not a NBA center.  He also may not be a NBA starting PF for a contending team.  He may be a nice piece to come off the bench or he may be trade bait.  He is FAT.  That may put off many teams that may otherwise be interested in trading for him.

He occasionally puts in a great game, but that may be due to the players he goes up against in those contests.  We all know that height and quickness is his kryptonite.  The Knicks have that and luckily, Brad made the adjustment to Zeller.  It is all about matchups and adjustments.  Hopefully Brad is quick to notice the prior in order to make the latter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down