LeBron says the Celts aren't "reeling"

5 posters

Go down

LeBron says the Celts aren't "reeling" Empty LeBron says the Celts aren't "reeling"

Post by bobheckler Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:11 pm

They're bored.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2010/03/lebron_james_says_boston_celti.html

Enjoy.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

LeBron says the Celts aren't "reeling" Empty Re: LeBron says the Celts aren't "reeling"

Post by gyso Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:27 pm

bob,

I found this and put it in the pre-game chatter post on the Game On! thread earlier.

You may have missed it there. Look for a couple other items of interest on that thread as well.

gyso

Back to top Go down

LeBron says the Celts aren't "reeling" Empty Re: LeBron says the Celts aren't "reeling"

Post by bobheckler Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:29 pm

thanks gyso.
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by spike Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:52 pm

Reading the comments after the article was humbling. I mean, here are Cleveland fans who have more insight into the Celtics than some poseurs on this board.

One comment: "Sounds like a diplomatic way of saying they're pacing themselves. And I couldn't agree more. A team of their age does not need to finish with the best record in the NBA (even so, they're only nine games off that pace). I think last year taught them that in the marathon that is the NBA season, as long as you wind up with a decent seed, you're much better off taking it easy during the regular season and then going for the jugular come playoff time. That's why, in spite of the fact that he's hurt, I'm almost glad to see Shaq getting all this rest. Plus, we've had the luxury (with a big lead) to sit LeBron for a spell. We need these guys fresh come June."

Here's a suggestion: why not send certain posters on this board who have severely limited basketball knowledge, yet think they know it all, down to the cleveland.com board, the way NBA teams send certain players down to the D league. Works for me.

spike

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:03 pm

Sometimes "taking it easy" has resulted in the apparent "lack of effort mode".

I really don't care for the faucet mentality in that we can turn it on and off as needed.

Indy was a start and a win today would be great BUT playing well and being in the game is a must win or lose.

Coasting? No i'd much rather use the term "CASTING" as in fishing for the right cast of players and the right combo's.

Apparently we are not looking to add any final roster pieces even though there is room so this appears to be it. Good enough to win a 7 game series against most anyone, and lose too.

beat

Last edited by beat on Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:21 pm

We had a 20+ game winning streak last year and that was amazing. I'd rather have a solid record based upon solid performance for the next 15-18 games or so and then really demand 100% every game from there on. If we're going to have a 10+ plus game winning streak, I want it to be during the playoffs and not 15 games before the playoffs.

bob

/
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by spike Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:46 pm

Doc said numerous times these last few months that he thought they were playing as if they could turn it on at will. Maybe, after getting ther butts kicked by a hungry, talented team like Memphis, who are fighting for the playoffs, they finally learned that lesson?

They still have that collective mental attitude that they can and should win every game. They proved it the first game of the season against the Cavs, on Xmas vs. Orlando, and various other times. One of the things that goes with being able to play that fiercely - is thinking you can turn it on and off at will.

Doc has done a great job of being the calm at the center of the storm. He's had an impossibly difficult job and pulled it off so far, because wee are primed for the playoffs. So far. We are primed but not ready. Today's a good tuneup. Clues to look for, as far as I know, are 1) what speed Rondo takes the ball up the court; 2) whether they distribute the ball evenly, seeing that Perk and Ray get their touches; 3) whether Paul still has it (Is it really just a matter of raising the level of his game or is his hand hurt?); and 4) whether Doc uses his bench to the fullest.

spike

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:28 pm

I believe that one of the reasons (not necessarily the only one) that the Celtics have often looked inconsistent in turning it on and off is that KG has not known what he's going to be able to provide from game to game. I always wonder, from game to game, whether his cast is going to be on or off. I hope the cast is off ahd KG is "on" more consistently as time passes.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down