Kris Humphrys?

+2
tjmakz
wideclyde
6 posters

Go down

Kris Humphrys? Empty Kris Humphrys?

Post by wideclyde Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:49 pm

Humphreys got traded today and his new team is already rumored to waive him, but I would think that they may decide to buy him out rather than just toss him out on waivers if only to save some money on a buy out. He will likely not play again this season if he only waived so he may decide to ask for a buy out.

I would not look at him if he is only waived, but might consider him on the pro rated amount that he would cost if bought out. I very much liked this guy when he was with the Cs, and think that he could be a good addition for the rest of this season. Your thoughts??

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Kris Humphrys? Empty Re: Kris Humphrys?

Post by tjmakz Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:12 am

Humphries would rather be waived. Then he gets the full amount due to him.
A buy out is negotiated between the team and player. The player takes less to be able to sign with a playoff team. Humphries most likely will get the pro-rated veteran minimum by his new team if he is waived or bought out.
I don't think Kris is very healthy.
He has played only 29 minutes in 2016.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:34 am

I like Hump.  I didn't think I'd ever say that, after The Trade, but he earned my respect with his attitude and work ethic.  Having said that, we don't need another pure 4. We are about to get rid of one of those.

Anderson Varajao got traded to Portland, who waived him.  I might be willing to consider him for a rental.  He's becoming more injury-prone, has only played in 31 games this year, but has played a lot of center as well as PF.   He might be a good back up for Sully for this final kick.  I don't think he can play heavy, regular minutes but he is a big body who is still somewhat mobile and he can play a position we are thin at.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:46 am

If we can reduce our roster, we may pick up someone. Then we can sign him to a two year unguaranteed contract so that he can be included in a trade next summer. I imagine that is something that Danny would require in anyone he signs after the trade deadline has passed.

I don't expect that we will sigh anyone who breaks into our rotation, given that criteria, as they would have to be willing to be hung out to dry for short money (for them, not us regular folks).

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:32 am

bobheckler wrote:Anderson Varajao got traded to Portland, who waived him.  I might be willing to consider him for a rental.  He's becoming more injury-prone, has only played in 31 games this year, but has played a lot of center as well as PF.   He might be a good back up for Sully for this final kick.  I don't think he can play heavy, regular minutes but he is a big body who is still somewhat mobile and he can play a position we are thin at.
I used to have respect for Varejao's game. He used to hustle, rebound, and bring energy to the floor. He'd do some flopping and use an assorted bag of cheap tricks to get under opponents' skin, but I could forgive that based on how much he hustled. The dude averaged 14.4 rebounds one year.

The few times I've watched him this year, his game has changed, and his floppery and cheap bag of tricks is now his defining feature. He still gets some rebounds, but he spends more time and energy flopping and trying to draw foul calls when there's no foul. Not only do I hate that stuff, it means that his effectiveness is entirely at the whim of the referees and whether they're inclined to fall for his act rather than on actual production. Add to that his injury history -- he's played more than 31 games only once since 2009-10 -- and I'd stay away from him. I know the Celtics could use a center, but I'd take Humphries' honest and far more reliable effort over Varejao's unreliable act.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:45 am

Outside wrote:
bobheckler wrote:Anderson Varajao got traded to Portland, who waived him.  I might be willing to consider him for a rental.  He's becoming more injury-prone, has only played in 31 games this year, but has played a lot of center as well as PF.   He might be a good back up for Sully for this final kick.  I don't think he can play heavy, regular minutes but he is a big body who is still somewhat mobile and he can play a position we are thin at.
I used to have respect for Varejao's game. He used to hustle, rebound, and bring energy to the floor. He'd do some flopping and use an assorted bag of cheap tricks to get under opponents' skin, but I could forgive that based on how much he hustled. The dude averaged 14.4 rebounds one year.

The few times I've watched him this year, his game has changed, and his floppery and cheap bag of tricks is now his defining feature. He still gets some rebounds, but he spends more time and energy flopping and trying to draw foul calls when there's no foul. Not only do I hate that stuff, it means that his effectiveness is entirely at the whim of the referees and whether they're inclined to fall for his act rather than on actual production. Add to that his injury history -- he's played more than 31 games only once since 2009-10 -- and I'd stay away from him. I know the Celtics could use a center, but I'd take Humphries' honest and far more reliable effort over Varejao's unreliable act.

outside,

Thanks for the update. I haven't watched him this year and so I haven't seen the decline.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:50 am

It's not like I've watched Varejao a lot -- three games, maybe four -- and since he only averages 10 minutes per game, it's not much of a sample size. Others may have a more positive take.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:45 pm

TJMAKZ,

I would agree that Hump would rather be waived as getting waived would mean that his claiming team would pay him at the same rate as the Wizards were paying him.

However, he may fall into the category of a guy getting waived who may not get claimed (because of his salary, perhaps?) which would mean that he might not play for the rest of the year.

If he gets "bought out" he does sacrifice some money, but is then free to sign with any team in the league for the pro rated veteran minimum.

A little less money, but still playing or a little more money and not playing. Not sure how I would chose if it were me in his situation.

When the Cs buy out Lee they may want to find a wing shooter type guy if one is available after being bought out, but I would consider Hump due to his efforts when he was here if he is still healthy for the small amount of money that he would cost for the rest of the season.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:13 pm

Outside wrote:It's not like I've watched Varejao a lot -- three games, maybe four -- and since he only averages 10 minutes per game, it's not much of a sample size. Others may have a more positive take.

Warriors are supposedly interested in Varejao, along with several other teams.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14809515/golden-state-warriors-investigating-signing-anderson-varejao

So my opinion of Varejao is apparently another one of mine that you can throw in the dumpster.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:34 pm

Outside wrote:
Outside wrote:It's not like I've watched Varejao a lot -- three games, maybe four -- and since he only averages 10 minutes per game, it's not much of a sample size. Others may have a more positive take.

Warriors are supposedly interested in Varejao, along with several other teams.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14809515/golden-state-warriors-investigating-signing-anderson-varejao

So my opinion of Varejao is apparently another one of mine that you can throw in the dumpster.

outside,

Recycle it, don't trash it. It hasn't been proven he was a good bet yet.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:46 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/wizards-gave-one-most-valuable-210525943.html

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down