Rasheed Wallace: Great teammate or Team poision?

5 posters

Go down

Rasheed Wallace: Great teammate or Team poision? Empty Rasheed Wallace: Great teammate or Team poision?

Post by Brandon$$ Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:07 pm

Everyone says he's a great teammate – and I'm sure he is. But I really wonder, seeing this team's attitude, how much of a negative impact he's had, combined with the absence of blue collar guys like Powe or PJ Brown.

The team's whole, "We can just flip a switch" attitude is so eerily similar to what we heard from the Detroit teams of the latter part of the last decade, and so different from the team that used to see every game as a test.

How many times did we hear that the Pistons were simply bored and waiting for the playoffs? That attitude got them eliminated year after year in the semifinals, and that was when the eastern conference was much less competitive than it is today.

Then there's his play. Here's a guy who seems to have more skills in the post than KG and nearly as much natural talent for playing defense. And yet, he mostly settles for threes and gets burned regularly on defense and on the boards by less skilled players (Varejao, Noah, etc).

I have the feeling no one will really call him out because he is a vet and such a "good teammate," but what if it ruins the team?

Last edited by BrandonBanks$$$ on Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brandon$$
Brandon$$

Back to top Go down

Rasheed Wallace: Great teammate or Team poision? Empty Re: Rasheed Wallace: Great teammate or Team poision?

Post by beat Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:09 pm

Brandon,

This is in part WHY we have this forum!!!

BDC is history for many of us.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Rasheed Wallace: Great teammate or Team poision? Empty Re: Rasheed Wallace: Great teammate or Team poision?

Post by Brandon$$ Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:13 pm

Beat,

lol! I was just going through a couple of topics on there that I thought were interesting, and wanted to get all of your opinions on it.

Should I just remove the BDC link?
Brandon$$
Brandon$$

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:21 pm

Don't worry about it, Brandon. We're friendly folks.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:21 pm

Brandon

I can't speak for others but many of the reasons this forum was created was due to BDC's lack of lots of things. Patental control for one. Getting banned 3 times didn't sit well either.
I haven't gone back over there to even look in months.

I have no problem with the link but I'm not opening it.

Had my beef with them and really don't care. Miss some of the guys there but this place is my Celtic comfort level (whatever that is)

I will say that I expected a bit more from Sheed. And maybe he expected more from himself.
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:13 pm

Bank$

Something has "infected" the team this year and I think most of us are unsure of what the hell it is. We lack Bobheck calls it ganas. Some call it heart some pride but It is that voice in your head or feeling inside that DRIVES you.

I have tried my best to stick with Sheed and look for the good but I know in my heart watching him yesterday in a huge game that he has a big lazy streak and is full of bad habits. Anderson just used him because he tried harder and was willing to look bad doin it. It was a terrible effort and bordering on unprofessional.

I still think the team has the players to win it all but I dont know if they have the will. Or the belief in themselves anymore.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:34 pm

BrandonBanks$$$ wrote:

Then there's his play. Here's a guy who seems to have more skills in the post than KG and nearly as much natural talent for playing defense. And yet, he mostly settles for threes and gets burned regularly on defense and on the boards by less skilled players (Varejao, Noah, etc).

As much as I hate Varejao, if he were on my team I would love him. And I love Noah. i'd love to have his energy, passion and hustle in LA. Both of these guys never quit hustling, and they do ALL the dirty work- no matter what the score is or how many touches they are getting. They defend, rebound and go after every loose ball with gusto all game/ every game. Birdman is another guy like that whose game I love. You can never go wrong with having a guy like that on your team.

Sheed's always been a different kind of cat. Even when he was young, his energy, hustle and desire were never to be confused with a guy like Karl Malone (or Moses Malone for that matter). I didn't see the game the other day, but from what I've seen of him over the last two years, the inconsistency of his effort/hustle has only gotten worse as he's gotten older.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down