re-calibrating......

2 posters

Go down

re-calibrating...... Empty re-calibrating......

Post by kdp59 Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:02 am

http://hoopshype.com/rumors/

Bulls contemplating Jimmy Butler trade?
wpid-i_e7_a4_42_jimmy_butler.jpg

Chris Mannix: I’ve been hearing ramblings that there’s legitimate interest in Chicago in potentially dealing Jimmy Butler this offseason.

– via Yahoo! Sports

now this would change up some things in Danny's mind, I bet.

what would you trade for Butler this off-season?

Remember we could take on his salary next under the cap even with our cap holds for the FA's we have and the Rookies. So we don't have to try to match salary's.

Bradley and the Nets pick a fair deal?

maybe the Philly second rounder and a future first needed to get it done?

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

re-calibrating...... Empty Re: re-calibrating......

Post by Outside Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:42 am

This makes no sense. If they want to blow it up, Butler is the one guy they should keep. Why get rid of one of the best two-way wings in the league?

If it's actually true, what should the Celtics be willing to put up in a trade? However many players it takes to make the salaries work, plus the Nets pick. My reasoning is that the best you could hope for with the Nets pick is to get an elite two-way player, there's no guarantee that the pick will actually turn into that good of a player, and it will take 3-6 years for that player to begin to fulfill that potential (if he ever does), and trading for Butler would give you all of that now. And if you actually want to get Butler in the bidding war that would ensue with him on the market, you'd need more than just spare parts and some mediocre draft pick to get it.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:47 pm

well, if I remember correctly Boston and other teams were asking about Butler at the trade deadline. Of course Asking and the other team willing to trade the player are two different things.

supposedly Butler and Hoiberg do NOT get along.

but I agree, you'd think they would keep Butler and move Rose.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum