bobheckler
dbrown4
kdp59
steve3344
cowens/oldschool
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

2016 NBA PLAYOFFS > POST GAME ATLANTA - AWAY - Page 2 Empty Re: 2016 NBA PLAYOFFS > POST GAME ATLANTA - AWAY

Post by 112288 Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:57 pm

OK, THOUGHT IT WAS LATER IN PERIOD AS THEY ROLLED THE BALL OUT. IF YOU HAVE THE REPLAY SEE IF IT WAS LESS THEN 2 MINUTES AS WHY WOULD THEY ROLL THE BALL OUT.

Back to top Go down

2016 NBA PLAYOFFS > POST GAME ATLANTA - AWAY - Page 2 Empty Re: 2016 NBA PLAYOFFS > POST GAME ATLANTA - AWAY

Post by tjmakz Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:06 pm

112288 wrote:OK, THOUGHT IT WAS LATER IN PERIOD AS THEY ROLLED THE BALL OUT.  IF YOU HAVE THE REPLAY SEE IF IT WAS LESS THEN 2 MINUTES AS WHY WOULD THEY ROLL THE BALL OUT.

I checked the games play by play on ESPN.com.
Atlanta's last basket was with 2:11 left in the game.
The rest of their points were from free throws.
The clock would have continue to run.
Boston did not get cheated.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:11 pm

DON'T KNOW WHY THEY ROLLED IT THEN?

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:13 pm

112288 wrote:DON'T KNOW WHY THEY ROLLED IT THEN?

So the shot clock wouldn't start.
The game clock keeps running.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:16 pm

GOOD ONE!

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:29 pm

112288 wrote:OK, THOUGHT IT WAS LATER IN PERIOD AS THEY ROLLED THE BALL OUT.  IF YOU HAVE THE REPLAY SEE IF IT WAS LESS THEN 2 MINUTES AS WHY WOULD THEY ROLL THE BALL OUT.

The 24-second clock doesn't start until they touch it inbounds. Even if rolling the ball upcourt doesn't stop the game clock, it maximizes the amount of time that a team has to use the 24-second clock while in the frontcourt. It essentially avoids wasting six seconds of the 24-second clock just dribbling it up.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:44 pm

Late in the game with a full 24 seconds on the shot clock, I would think that the game clock would be the primary concern.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:13 am

bob

Teague made some really key plays, setting up Horford for an easy score AFTER AB went down with his injury and AB has an unique ability to harass/block your shot from the side even if you get a half step on him. Evan Turner played as good defense as he could, but hes not AB on the ball. Do I think AB's normal 2 way game in the last 3 minutes could have changed the outcome of a tight one point game? shit yeah, but it doesn't matter now. Losing AB on this team is like losing one of the Big 3 on the Bird and Pierce/KG teams, especially perimeter defense being our strength in a new perimeter oriented game that this era has become. Well were gonna find out one way or another which players have the ability to step up.

cow

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:00 pm

AB is our best defender (Marcus is a close second) and our best shooter. We are sure gonna miss him this series. Glad Danny signed him for what now is a ridiculously low salary.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:14 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:bob

Teague made some really key plays, setting up Horford for an easy score AFTER AB went down with his injury and AB has an unique ability to harass/block your shot from the side even if you get a half step on him. Evan Turner played as good defense as he could, but hes not AB on the ball. Do I think AB's normal 2 way game in the last 3 minutes could have changed the outcome of a tight one point game? shit yeah, but it doesn't matter now. Losing AB on this team is like losing one of the Big 3 on the Bird and Pierce/KG teams, especially perimeter defense being our strength in a new perimeter oriented game that this era has become. Well were gonna find out one way or another which players have the ability to step up.

cow

Cow

I agree with you about this.  AB is a huge loss.

But our bigs need to earn their playoff shares.  Amir, Jared, Kelly and Jonas combined for 16 points and 20 rebounds.

Amir only took 3 shots and KO is hurting again with the shoulder issue. Due to matchup considerations Zeller did not get in the game and here is why.  He played in 3 out of 4 games against ATL logging a DNP in the game he missed.  He logged 11 minutes, 5 minutes and 5 minutes producing pts/rebs of 5/2, 2/0, DNP and 3/1

This may be a case of key metrics run amuck.  Are you telling me that Zeller can not play in the pace and space game against a team that also plays the pace and space game?  Looking at the numbers of our frontline in game one reflects a very serious deficiency. I believe that Zeller may have been able to help us.  He is quicker than both KO and Sully getting up and down .  If this is the way Brad will use his rotations then I cannot think of any reason why Zeller should still be on the team next year.

Smart should get the start in Game 2 and he will need to watch his fouling.  I also expect Rosier to get a crack at Teague and Schroder.  Hunter is the only other shooter off the bench and maybe he will see a few minutes.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:14 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:bob

cow

Cow,

I agree. Our defensive strength is the direction of the league, and that is out at the perimeter. Our offensive weakness, unfortunately, is the same. It's the perimeter. Losing Bradley is going to hurt really, really badly.

ON THE OTHER HAND, being the silver lining type of guy that I am, this will really give us a glimpse into Rozier. DEFENSIVELY, he could be another Bradley. Same height (6'2"), longer wingspan (6'8 1/4" vs 6'7 1/4"), and defensively-oriented. Not as good a shooter, but neither was Bradley his rookie year.

As I said, I'm looking to see which players are big-game, playoff players. Maybe Rozier will pleasantly surprise us. He's definitely your type of player, Cow. Whether he steps up or flops remains to be seen.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:25 pm

bob

I like Rozier he has the quickness and the speed, most players have one or the other, but right now he doesn't have the big play defensive ability of Avery. AB takes it up another level when he attacks on defense and the next thing you know the offensive player completely loses their rhythm....Rozier definitely has the attributes to develop that shutdown ability, but right now haven't seen the disruptive side yet. Another thing we lose is AB's ability to fly down the court for finishes on the break, a skill he was getting better and better at.

dboss

I agree our bigs suck all around compared to the other playoff bigs and if we get bad slow Sully and soft KO getting abused then Zeller deserves a shot to stop the bleeding. I want to see the Sully that grabbed 20 boards on Anthony Davis a few times this playoff run, playoff basketball brings out the best and we get to see who are the real pretenders and contenders.

cow

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:23 pm

Yes, where has THAT Sully been?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:56 pm

WOW bad wow, just checked Sully's stats. The last good Sully like game he had was on April 1st against Warriors he was great for him with a 20-12 double double in that big win. Since then we've had 7 games including the last game, the playoff game and he's had zero double doubles since that game. He had one game where he scored 15 points and not one double digit rebounding game in the last 7. Not exactly going into playoffs on a hot streak.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2