beat
BanglaCeltFan
jeb
Hondo17
BloodRunsGreen
Hoopdeedoo
12 posters

Go down

Do you love Marquis or what? Empty Do you love Marquis or what?

Post by Hoopdeedoo Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:03 pm

I haven't seen a guy who just gets it done in a lot of ways like he does. He has played at least three positions, scored, assisted and great D on the king and everone else. I love this guy....
Hoopdeedoo
Hoopdeedoo

Back to top Go down

Do you love Marquis or what? Empty Re: Do you love Marquis or what?

Post by BloodRunsGreen Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:05 pm

Hoopdee,

I'm with ya. He really impressed me tonight. Hope he'll be consistent when the season starts.

--Blood
BloodRunsGreen
BloodRunsGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoopdeedoo Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:10 pm

Blood, just think of how versatile he will be if Ray or PP gets nicked up. I like the way he get's in the paint so smoothly and gets his shot off. Opposing coaches will have a hard time accounting for him with their benches.
Hoop
Hoopdeedoo
Hoopdeedoo

Back to top Go down

Do you love Marquis or what? Empty Daniels

Post by Hondo17 Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:24 pm

The best part of team basketball is that each individuals ability is enhanced as long as they stay within the goals of the team. A case in point was the play last year of Sam Cassel. He was selfish and played the game on his terms not like the rest of the team. Daniels looks like he wants to win and is willing to forgo personal accomplishments for the greater good of the team. Yes he has talent, but he also wants the others on the floor to succeed as well. Celtics basketball. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Last edited by Hondo17 on Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correct the spelling)
Hondo17
Hondo17

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:04 am

So Daniels handled the action tonite? Tell me more if anybody got the time.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by BanglaCeltFan Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:13 am

I am so confident that Wallace and Daniels will be extremely valuable contributors during the march to the 18th banner, even as the starting five turn it up another notch. I also feel that there will be many nights when we will also feel good about having Shelden. And, cut me some slack, but I hope we keep Sweet, and he shapes up (or, is it down?).

So, mostly, what I feel great is what the Celtics ethos does to players once they get here.

BanglaCeltFan

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:12 am

This guy could have a dream season. I love his work ethic and wanting to get his nose dirty in the paint.

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:40 am

So far this exhibition season he went from feeling out his role and doing little on the floor to almost flat out being the best player out there at times. Yeah I know lots of times in was against second line players but still they are professionals too and they too want to excell.

As mentioned somewhere else, Daniels may very well be a better aquisition than Sheed when all is said and done.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:52 am

Jeb,

You can see how enthused people are about 'Quis. And I've addressed this in another thread. But he has the versatility to be more than just a fine bench player. He can be a "Jack of All Trades" sixth man in the Havlicek and Ramsey tradition. Whereas I think Sheed (like McHale) will be a strong bench contributor (perhaps exceptionally strong) within a narrower range of areas. The only lack Daniels has is long-distance, and it doesn't matter with Sheed and Eddie around.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticFan Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:09 am

"Quis blends perfectly talent, athleticism, and a work ethic worthy of plaudits, even at this early stage. He seems to embrace the team concept advanced by Celtic philosophy. I also like his energy level. Great with either the first or second unit. Hopefully, this year will be a seamless transition between units. Last year, particularly after the Christmas game vs. LA the bench players squandered leads when they were given them to hold the fort. When scores were close, we often fell behind causing the starters to expend extra effort to climb back. This year looks like we have a second unit that can protect leads, and in many cases be able to add to the leads they are given. There's no excuse, barring unforeseen injuries, for Doc not to be able to manage EVERYONE'S minutes in '09-'10-MD.

MDCelticFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:29 pm

MD,

At the very beginning of last season, there were several games in which the bench pulled the starters' fat out of the fire. Then, when the injuries started, there was a complete blurring between the bench and the starters. And finally, it was a matter of just playing whoever was available.

Now there's a well-defined bench that can play cohesively as a unit or can provide individual replacements or matchup substitutions when appropriate.

What a concept!

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by LilRip Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:30 pm

Sam,

good point. the bench players became starters and guys who weren't really in the rotation became key role players once injuries started settling in. then on top of that, we got Marbury and Mikki Moore. pretty strange year (rotation-wise) for a team with championship aspirations.
LilRip
LilRip

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:30 pm

I have always been impressed with Daniels' game, going back to his rookie year in Dallas, where he played a lot.

I thought that getting him for the LLE was an incredible bargain for the Cs. I still can't believe he was willing to take so little and that no other team was willing to offer him more money. He can just flat out play.

Along with Artest and Sheed, I thought Daniels was one of the best signings of the offseason- especially in terms of value vs cost.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoopdeedoo Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:17 pm

At one point last night he was killing Moon and kept after it on the baseline. Then when he was forced into the middle he took his nice little smooth jumperor if help arrived he found House or the cutter.
On the defensive side I thought he played the king fairly well and seems quick enough for most guards he'll probably face this year. I am so pleased the way he fits in to the Celtic team concept.
I agree with Sam about long distance ability. Who needs it with Sheed and House and don't forget Baby has improved range as well.
On the second unit with Sheed staying outside and the mobility of Baby it's lights out offensively with his slashing and posting.
Hoopdeedoo
Hoopdeedoo

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:35 pm

I absolutely love Daniels! This kid is really going to be a real asset to this team. I know that Rasheed is important, but...I wonder if this kid is even more valuable. He moves great with and without the ball, and his passing is terrific. He has such court vision. He is going to make Eddie have the best year of his career!

Has anyone heard anything about who is getting cut? I am going to watch the Comcast special at 8:00 tonight and see if they say anything. I know who I want to go, but I have my doubts. I just don't see them eating Allen's contract, I think he will be inactive, and they will try to dump him in December/January. Any thoughts?
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:04 pm

Well I like the sound of all this.

In the stress pit working. Blah. Blah Blah.

Go Celts!

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down