Draft Pick #16

4 posters

Go down

Draft Pick #16 Empty Draft Pick #16

Post by bobheckler Fri May 06, 2016 1:44 pm

This is the Dallas pick.

As you move further down the draft it's more likely there will be players getting drafted higher or slipping, so it's harder to predict who will be there at 16.

Here are the players draftexpress says should be there between 14-18, feel free to add any you think should be included for consideration at 16:

14.  Marquese Chriss - 6'10" (NOT 6'9"), 233# (NOT 225#), 7'0 1/4" wingspan, 8'9" standing reach.  18 years old (19 in July).  8.5% body fat.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Marquese-Chriss-83240/

15.  Wade Baldwin - 6'4" (NOT 6'3"), 202# (NOT 195#), 6'11 1/4" (NOT 6'10") wingspan, 8'4" (NOT 8'5") standing reach (2012 measurements).  20 years old.  5.2% body fat.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Wade-Baldwin-82826/

16.  Denzel Valentine - 6'5 3/4" (NOT 6'6"), 210# (NOT 220#), 6'10 3/4" wingspan, 8'6" (NOT 8'7") standing reach.  22 years old (23 in November).  9.2% body fat.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Denzel-Valentine-58739/

17.  Anadolu Efes - 6'7", 185#.  18 years old (19 in July).  International player from Turkey.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Furkan-Korkmaz-73273/

18.  Domantas Sabonis - 6'10", 238#, 6'10 1/2" wingspan.  20 years old (just turned, this week).

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Domantas-Sabonis-62889/

bob

Last edited by bobheckler on Thu May 12, 2016 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Draft Pick #16 Empty Re: Draft Pick #16

Post by kdp59 Fri May 06, 2016 4:12 pm

my combined top 100 find the following players between 14-18

14. Valentine
15. Chriss
16. Timothe Luwawu
17. Malik Beasley
18. Demetrius Jackson

I have Baldwin at 23
Sabonis up to 10
Korkmaz at 13
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri May 06, 2016 8:36 pm

At 16, if available, I like Denzel Valentine. If not, Diamond Stone.

Why does Danny never call me about this stuff?

No need to bring up my past track record...
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sat May 07, 2016 8:46 am

NYCelt wrote:At 16, if available, I like Denzel Valentine.  If not, Diamond Stone.

Why does Danny never call me about this stuff?

No need to bring up my past track record...

you know I always think the same thing about Free agency...why doesn't Danny just call ME!!

on a serious note, do you think Danny will be using all three firsts for our roster?

I don't see it myself as I don't see the room on the roster. Maybe two picks with the third either a draft and stash OR the NETS pick used in a trade for a "star" player.

in fact I think that is likely unless we land the 1 or 2 pick this year. Then you continue building with youth with Ingram or Simmons, IMO.

below that in my world Danny uses the pick as part of a trade for  Cousins, Butler or Paul George perhaps (if Bird wants to completely tear it down).

Bradley and either Olynyk or Jerebko would probably be moved to make any of those deals happen on draft day or before.

I think the players in the 3 and below area simply don't move the needle enough for us to stand pat this year.

gotta have a dance partner though.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat May 07, 2016 10:05 am

If there is a player Danny really wants he may package multiple picks to move up.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat May 07, 2016 12:24 pm

dboss wrote:If there is a player Danny really wants he may package multiple picks to move up.

Dboss

dboss,

I agree. In fact, I'll go a step further: I think Danny would LOVE to package multiple picks to move up because he doesn't want 3 more rookies on the roster next year.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu May 12, 2016 6:55 pm

bump.
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon May 16, 2016 9:28 am

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/celtics/2016/05/celtics_notebook_denzel_valentine_brings_versatility_to_table

Celtics notebook: Denzel Valentine brings versatility to table

Mark Murphy

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Draft Pick #16 62e710295a9b42e4bf8f9fb85bf84ce8
Credit: The Associated Press
FILE - In this Dec. 19, 2015, file photo, Michigan State's Denzel Valentine brings the ball upcourt during the first half of an NCAA college basketball game against Northeastern in Boston. (AP Photo/Winslow Townson, File)

CHICAGO — Denzel Valentine, college basketball’s reigning national player of the year, was measured at 6-foot-51⁄2 this week, and in another age the Michigan State swingman might have trouble finding a definitive position in the league.

But the NBA is more about versatility than limits now, and Valentine sees that value at work in a player who reminds him of himself — Celtics swingman Evan Turner, himself a former national player of the year.

“We’re like the same size, same length, he can get down the court and get things done,” Valentine said yesterday of Turner. “Also, he’s a winner. He’s won everywhere he’s went, in the college and the pros. Evan Turner, Greivous Vasquez, big guards who can do multiple things. Me and Evan Turner are very similar.”

Indeed, Valentine believes there’s never been a better time for a draft prospect to be known for his versatility.

“They all ask me what I see myself as, and I just give them my general feedback. I don’t see myself as a position,” he said. “I was talking to Draymond (Green of the Golden State Warriors) the other night, and he said I just see myself as a basketball player. You want me to play point guard and make plays for people, I can. You need me to be on the wing and make decisions off the pass, I can do that. I can catch and shoot from the corners. I just try to get better.”

Ingram set to work

The Celtics have only begun to put their pre-draft workout schedule together, but they already have a very distinctive — albeit very tentative — appointment at the top of their list.

Brandon Ingram, who may or may not be the top pick in the draft, and who met with the Celtics brass Thursday morning at the combine, has agreed to work out for the team.

This naturally depends on how the ping-pong balls roll on lottery night Tuesday. It’s unlikely Ingram works out for any team outside the top two. And even then, anyone who isn’t the Los Angeles Lakers will have to travel.

“We might be going to see him work out in Los Angeles — that’s where he’s based right now,” Danny Ainge said yesterday.

The Celtics will also host a group workout on Wednesday that is expected to feature a number of first-round prospects, including Maryland guard Jake Layman. Layman, a Wrentham native and proud alumnus of King Philip Regional, had a strong showing in Thursday’s scrimmage.

The local flavor extends to North Carolina State forward Malik Abu, who grew up in Boston. Abu, who hasn’t hired an agent, is considered a likely candidate to return to college.

Cheick it out

Kansas center Cheick Diallo went into his Celtics interview this week determined to show that he knows who he is — never mind trying to pretend he can do more than his career has shown.

“They were asking what I can do best, and I told them I can block shots, rebound and run the floor, go to the rim,” he said. “That’s what I do best. I try not to act like I’m the best. I’m not going to try to do something I’ve never done before.

“They say they want a player who can protect the rim, and I say yeah, that’s a job I can do. I’m the best. I can block shots and run the floor. That’s the thing I love. That’s what I want to show people. I’m not going to be somebody else. I’m not going to shoot 3-pointers. Block shots, rebound, that’s what I do.” . . .

Utah center Jakob Poeltl, who is expected to be drafted in the middle of the lottery, found the C’s interview experience a little curious.

“We talked a little bit about their play style, and I asked how (they) would see me fitting in with them,” said Poeltl. “(They) didn’t tell me what (they) would expect if they drafted me.”

And then there was this impression by yet another big man, Australian 7-footer Thon Maker.

“It went really well. They saw me a few times, on the AAU circuit and in high school,” he said. “The interview was about getting to know me as a person, so they could see the overall package.”

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:59 am

3 hours ago – via ESPN.com
Valentine is sliding down draft boards over concerns that his knees may not be able to hold up over the long haul. Some teams are very concerned. Others, not so much.

3 hours ago – via ESPN.com
Denzel Valentine seems like an obvious fit in Detroit, but concerns about the long-term health of his knees are giving some teams pause. If the Pistons pass on him at 18, then you’ll know the concerns were significant, as they really like him.

Btw, Notice that Marquese Chriss was listed as the a possible for the #16 pick.  Now he is being considered a strong fit for #3.  The kid has really moved up on the draft board.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:14 pm

I like Denzel at 16 but with the right knee issue a red flag has gone up. I think what happens with #3 will influence #16.

If we are looking for some length I would consider Maker

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down