14 Draft Invitees

4 posters

Go down

14 Draft Invitees Empty 14 Draft Invitees

Post by arambone Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:16 pm

The group of “green room” prospects is smaller than in years past in which 20 to 25 players were invited to the event, reflecting the uncertainty revolving around the draft.

The league office and many team front offices are struggling to get an accurate read on the draft outside of the top 10 picks, sources said.

As many as three more players could be added to the list by Sunday afternoon, league sources said.

The invited players, in alphabetical order:
Wade Baldwin, Vanderbilt
Dragan Bender, Maccabi Tel Aviv
Jaylen Brown, Cal
Marquese Chriss, Washington
Deyonta Davis, Michigan State
Kris Dunn, Providence
Henry Ellenson, Marquette
Buddy Hield, Oklahoma
Brandon Ingram, Duke
Skal Labissiere, Kentucky
Jamal Murray, Kentucky
Jakob Poeltl, Utah
Domantas Sabonis, Gonzaga
Ben Simmons, LSU

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--fourteen-prospects-invited-to-draft-191735213.html?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma

arambone

Back to top Go down

14 Draft Invitees Empty Re: 14 Draft Invitees

Post by arambone Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:34 pm

Buddy Hield finished second workout for the Lakers, and he's confident they're drafting him at #2.

I'm starting to think there might be something to that. DRussell is probably on sh!t list of Lakers org.

Also, Lakers might have reason to believe that a big name SF wants to sign there. DeRozan, Durant, LeBron even.

Drafting a 195 lb small forward in Ingram might not dovetail with the Lakers' summer free agent plans, but drafting a lights out shooter like Hield who doesn't need the ball in his hands would be attractive to free agent small forwards.

arambone

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:43 pm

arambone wrote:Buddy Hield finished second workout for the Lakers, and he's confident they're drafting him at #2.

I'm starting to think there might be something to that. DRussell is probably on sh!t list of Lakers org.

Also, Lakers might have reason to believe that a big name SF wants to sign there. DeRozan, Durant, LeBron even.

Drafting a 195 lb small forward in Ingram might not dovetail with the Lakers' summer free agent plans, but drafting a lights out shooter like Hield who doesn't need the ball in his hands would be attractive to free agent small forwards.

Arambone,

If that's true then either Simmons or Ingram will fall to us OR Danny and Brad have fallen in love with Brown so much that they take him anyway.

I think that would be stupid.

5 more days, just 5.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by arambone Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:19 pm

bobheckler wrote:
arambone wrote:Buddy Hield finished second workout for the Lakers, and he's confident they're drafting him at #2.

Arambone,

If that's true then either Simmons or Ingram will fall to us OR Danny and Brad have fallen in love with Brown so much that they take him anyway.

I think that would be stupid.

5 more days, just 5.

bob

I can totally understand teams being weary at the last minute about Ingram and his fragile 195 lb frame.

Just as I can see Bender dropping on draft day.

It's one thing for us outsiders to say "yes, you should take the 195 lb guy" or "yes, you should take the 18 year old bench warmer" but it's an entirely different matter for a team to actually take that player on draft day.

Jaylen Brown is 30 lbs stronger than Ingram. If Ingram has a bad injury as a rookie, the team that drafts him is going to be having major second thoughts.

Ingram's questionable durability is a big reason I'm so content/happy/thrilled to get Brown at #3.

Having said all that I'll be at least equally thrilled to get Ingram at 3 if it so happens to unfold that way.

arambone

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:33 pm

Why wasn't Thon Maker invited to the Draft?
:-)

Brown does nothing to help Bston's poor outside shooting.
I would be shocked if Boston drafted him.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:31 pm

A shooter, please
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content