Three draft night moves "that made absolutely no sense."

+2
NYCelt
steve3344
6 posters

Go down

Three draft night moves "that made absolutely no sense." Empty Three draft night moves "that made absolutely no sense."

Post by steve3344 Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:33 pm

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/06/2016-nba-draft-worst-picks-jaylen-brown-boston-celtics

We're #1! We're #1!

Oh wait, not a great list to be #1 on...

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Three draft night moves "that made absolutely no sense." Empty Re: Three draft night moves "that made absolutely no sense."

Post by NYCelt Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:20 pm

Steve,

I was thinking the one way it could make more sense is if we had a deal to draft and move Brown or swap Marcus Smart in a trade for someone who was a shooter. Pretty much silence and crickets chirping on that front.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Three draft night moves "that made absolutely no sense." Empty Re: Three draft night moves "that made absolutely no sense."

Post by swish Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:53 pm

How about the idea that the Celtic management might be looking down the road a few years and believing that at that point in time that Brown just might be an elite player.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:51 pm

Hopefully, but still ends up with Marcus Smart 1 and 2 if both remain on the roster.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:42 pm

would you rather have a clone of KO or Young? shooters that can only shoot I'd rather pass on if they can't do other dynamic functional things....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:16 pm

I would assume that if a player can significantly out score the player guarding him and if flaws in the rest of his game do not over shadow his scoring ability then I see no reason why a one dimensional player would not be an asset to his team. For example - would Curry be a valuable edition to the Celtics even if his assist per game were much lower ?

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:37 pm

Jaylen Brown is among the top players in this draft's "second tier" of players. He also plays the position that we have no depth at, the 3. For now, he backs up Crowder, eventually Crowder comes off the bench.

That's close to BPA and definitely fills a need. That made absolutely no sense?

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by arambone Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:12 am

steve3344 wrote:http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/06/2016-nba-draft-worst-picks-jaylen-brown-boston-celtics

We're #1!  We're #1!

Oh wait, not a great list to be #1 on...

We should get Steven Ruiz to run the team, he clearly knows best.

In Steven We Trust!

arambone

Back to top Go down

Post by arambone Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:15 am

Three boogers I pulled out of my nose

arambone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down